Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LPG Gas Conversion

azdysb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Just my 2c worth:
I recently had my 2000 VT converted (in Williamstown Vic) and although I'm wrapped with the dollar savings on petrol I'm not convinced the system is good for your car. Troubles starting and an annoying surge (when travelling at a consistent speed you can feel the car lose a little power & it comes back on, loses it again, etc etc - subtle but it's there) have meant the car's been back 3 times now in a couple of months. Willl drive it again tonight to see if it's finally fixed. However....to add insult the conversion company presented us with a sheet saying we will not warranty the installation if you don't go and have these things done......new plugs, leads, tests etc. Phark me; they could have said that upfront & I feel it a bit rich post installation they can just say "don't do it we won't cover it". More than anything I'm probably equally annoyed at how unprofessional this unit is....also leaving me car stink of smoke.
Anyway my jury is out on gas at present on the VT...time will tell. It's hard not to do though when it's $36 to fill & not $100.

azdysb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
I forgot to add - a couple of times the engine warning light has come & this has directly impacted the transmission. If you put the accelerator pedal flat to the floor it wouldn't kick down a gear & rev - so it's like you've lost significant power. When coming to a stop it would clunk changing from 1st to 2nd. Turning the car off & on again fixes the fault. The feedback I got was that's the original CPU expecting petrol & finding this weird gas stuff flowing through (hence warning) but the LGP CPU hasn't over-ridden it correctly. To me that's a pretty ordinary function of the system & you'd think something that would have been sorted by now.