Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LPG Gas Setup.

HOLDENFAN

Reaction score
Going to get an lpg setup on my car, and after a prelimenary call to the gas guy, explained I didnt want the Impco style "elephants trunk" setup, and wanted to retain the aircleaner in the middle of the engine (253). he then suggested a sprint gas setup.
I want dual fuel, not straight gas, so Gasresearch and modified holly are out. so are there any other options? does the Sprintgas setup sit on top of the carby or between the carby and manifold?

Also having problems with my rochester currently. doesn't feel as if vac secondaries are opening. wont get a chance to look till tomorrow, but im wondering the best way to tell if theyre opening? Could i just rev from the carby and look? Also i think the adjuster is on the left hand side up the top? is that correct? Thanks in advance :bow:

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Ok, IMO the only way to go gas is straight gas.........otherwise tuning is always going to be a comprimise! Can i ask what the reason is why you want to go dual fuel?? Sprintgas sits on top of the carby in a normal air cleaner style fashion, it has the mixer inside a round air cleaner, so it looks fairly factory. Anyway, like i said the only way to get the best out of an LPG set up on a carby car is straight gas. At the end of the day, the decision is yours.

hot308vb

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs clubby project car & crappy vs v6 ute daily
i have a sprint gas setup on my 308 and found it works a treat but the problem i have is the gas converter i have only supplies enough gas for 290hp whereas my motor is L34 spec and should make 350ish hp.
i've heard of cutting & welding 2 lpg snorkles so you have a twin converter/mixer setup to supply enough gas to suit your needs but with the right converter it should suit your 253 easily

P.S. blown v6 i love your torry and your old mans hr is nuts!