Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS GMM Ramjet OTR

Matty-346

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV S2
Hey guys anyone had any experience with the Ramjet OTR from GMM at all?
I have had a bad experience with plastic CAI's and want to know if anyone has had any issues?

Cheers

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
427 ci vu ss a4 ve ssv a6
Hey guys anyone had any experience with the Ramjet OTR from GMM at all?
I have had a bad experience with plastic CAI's and want to know if anyone has had any issues?

Cheers

no gm ram jet but i have a russo otr no bad experience from here. Not quite sure what your talking about unless you brought a cheap narsty one off ebay that talk when your at WOT

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
The Ramjet is only fairly new (was only just released by GMM recently). The plastics used for these and other brand name OTRs are of excellent quality, unlike the cheap crap that the 'Ebay' OTRs are made of.
I know of a few people who've installed the Ramjet and there's been a couple of fitment problems (clearance over condensor). Also the filter is very exposed behind the front bar and prone to getting wet. But in the testing that GMM did, they apparently saw good gains with the Ramjet.

Matty-346

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV S2
The Ramjet is only fairly new (was only just released by GMM recently). The plastics used for these and other brand name OTRs are of excellent quality, unlike the cheap crap that the 'Ebay' OTRs are made of.
I know of a few people who've installed the Ramjet and there's been a couple of fitment problems (clearance over condensor). Also the filter is very exposed behind the front bar and prone to getting wet. But in the testing that GMM did, they apparently saw good gains with the Ramjet.

The CAI I had issues with was from Airhammer... but it wasnt on my SS, my previous car was a VE SV6... The intake had actually deformed due to heat..!
The only reason i ask is because it is literally touching the radiator and wanted to know if it had any chance of doing the same thing... It does look better quality though...