Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 Fuel Economy

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
O2 Sensors either work or don't work... and if they didn't work, id be seeing an error fault code.

and also there will be no carbon tax in any government I lead.

google is your friend here as neither of the above in my post turn out to be true

Last edited:

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
ive got the 6L and i get 350kms to tank usually.. New spark plugs, new leads, history wiped, new O2 sensors, no error codes, new filters, regularly serviced...

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Go fill your car up and stop at the first click, then do 100 kms of your Normal driving, the fill up again to the first click! That will give you an Idea of Ltrs per 100km

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
Just because the low fuel light comes on doesn't mean it is empty, if you were game there may be another 100km left in the tank. How many litres can you get into the tank when you fill up. You probably have more fuel left in the tank than you think. My VX SS gets around 10L 100/km on the highway and around 14 to 15 around town, but have seen it a bit higher in stop start traffic.

ParkwayDrv

Slave to the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
I normally get around 450kms to a tank around town, with 3.9s and other bolt on mods.

VYSS_Black

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
How many ltr per 100km? Mine is a 6 speed and I can get it down to 11.8 ltr per 100km that's with a tiny bit of stop start and mainly 80 zones but that's with changing up a gear at 2000rpms! But normally 12.5ltr per 100 with "normal" driving

I pretty much always do city driving and hardly take it out on the highway.. but mu avg fuel apparently is 14.3Kms.

Pretty poor actually! compared to what you blokes seem to get.. whats worst is the car is dead stock. Plugs new basically, oil new, tires also new with correct pressure.

O2 Sensor is something i never looked at however.. may change it for the sake of it if it isn't very expensive and easy to fit...

VYSS_Black

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Just because the low fuel light comes on doesn't mean it is empty, if you were game there may be another 100km left in the tank. How many litres can you get into the tank when you fill up. You probably have more fuel left in the tank than you think. My VX SS gets around 10L 100/km on the highway and around 14 to 15 around town, but have seen it a bit higher in stop start traffic.

Good Point. I almost never see the fuel light come on, but the needle is about in the middle of the RED zone when i fuel up. I can only fit in round about 50ltrs until it gets filled up.. I never let it go beyond this mark as i have heard some horror stories about the fuel gauge in the VY SS's giving wrong readings so i don't want to get stuck on the road somewhere...

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
50 litres to full up and your getting about 350 ks outta that so you are in fact using about 14 litres per hundred sounds about right too me mate.....

I think you have a 70 litre tank aswell aye.....

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
75ltr tank you have. Just try your o2 sensors and see how you go.