Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 Guide to Power Stage I

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
hey darkvl, u live in melton? know a guy that had the plates darkvl, used to work with him.

Nah sorry, from Dandenong area.

Went to three different shops to get quotes.

First One:- $1700 using Redback system. I nearly laughed in his face, this was after he gave me a blank look when i asked if they did exhausts for "LS1's" didnt know what it was until i called it a Gen3.

Second One:- $1500 with metal cats. Custom extractors

Third One:- $1295 with s/steel cats. X-Force Headers.

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
Nah sorry, from Dandenong area.

Went to three different shops to get quotes.

First One:- $1700 using Redback system. I nearly laughed in his face, this was after he gave me a blank look when i asked if they did exhausts for "LS1's" didnt know what it was until i called it a Gen3.

Second One:- $1500 with metal cats. Custom extractors

Third One:- $1295 with s/steel cats. X-Force Headers.

Get pacemaker extractors (tri-y or 4into1), magnaflow hi flow steel cats (not ceramic), and either 2.5" redback/xforce/pacemaker cat back exhaust.

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
ive been quoted 1250 for pacemaker 4into ones and high flow cats. dunno much about x force headers but pacemaker and di fillipo seem the way to go.

Thats reasonable. I paid $1150 for magnaflow hi flow steel cats and pacemaker tri-y's installed.
Also, if you pay to get them installed, make sure you keep your cats and old piping, as you can sell these (i think 1 cat alone is worth about $50). If you don't, the exhaust shop will.

350SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SS 5.7
hey i just bought a vy ss and wanted to know if anyone could recommend a camshaft kit for it.

Cheers

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
Cats are worth 100ish next door does towing an makes **** loads of $$$

lumina01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SSV UTE

speakiing of pacemakers, word on the street is that from the 1.9.08 there increasing there prices, so every1 that sells them will also be doing the same.

lumina01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SSV UTE

"Just to let everyone know, Pacemaker are increasing their prices by 10% on 1/9/2008.

We have been selling them at discounted rates, so we will have to pass on this increase.

If you are thinking about extractors, buy them sooner rather than later.

Everyone is putting their prices up to cover the huge increases in the price of steel and stainless tube and sheet metal."

posted by sureflo exhausts on ls1 forum