Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] Ignition leads.

HRT 666

Cammed 8t-body stroker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubby S2 M6
Best leads by far are the stock red vy leads $160 at motor traders I just took off a set of top gun leads and replaced with stockers.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Haven't noticed a difference either way.
Leads are leads unless they're totally rooted IMO.

karlos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C & BA XR6T
Best leads by far are the stock red vy leads $160 at motor traders I just took off a set of top gun leads and replaced with stockers.

Yeah ACdelco know a thing or two.

Stock ftw but only due to the longetivity in comparrison.Seems to be the way with the L67 too,alot more faliures from aftermarket than OEM.Boost seems to find them out very early but the OP wont have that problem:idea:eek:r will he one day?:smoking:

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
I've had OEM leads snap of in my hand. Mainly because they're stuck on the plug, which I've found common on LS1's. The back drivers side especially.

For the record. ACDelco was started by the same bloke who started Champion ignition products. AC is Alfred Champion. (or Alfonz I can't remember)

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, once the engine temps get up It might make a small difference. Only major upside to it is the 10.5mm leads are a bit stronger physically.

Capacious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Gen3
Bit of a thread dig :)
I just bought a set of MSD leads off EBay... ad said they were for VTII LS1. Box says they're for Camaro LS1 and the lengths/gap numbers are different to my stock leads. WTF? Are these no good or do I just match shortest through to longest?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
old thread I know, but will any old leads do? Want to replace mine as they are getting pretty old now (at least 60k)

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
old thread I know, but will any old leads do? Want to replace mine as they are getting pretty old now (at least 60k)

Because LS leads a so short (standard not with coil relocation kits) all lead brands are pretty much the same.
But saying that I just purchsed some Granatelli leads of eBay for $99.
Late Model V8 Commodore High Performance Ignition Leads SET OF 8 GM 28 1811s | eBay
Most ignition leads have some resistance (ohms) but Granatelli are advertised as 0 ohms and regarded as the best leads on the market although their own test shows they do have very very minor resistance.
Dyno test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2FEyjs_wKc

Resistance ohms test with other brands
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUfpkYMD1rI

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
cheers for the info, never heard of Granatelli but the price seems about normal.