Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 not what i expected

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
=] what do u do to change gear shift points? :p

LOWFLYR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Enhanced Auto cammed VXSS 5.7A4
it's all in the tune mate

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
howmuch does i cost to get it al tuned up? =D

buggzy

Reaction score
howmuch does i cost to get it al tuned up? =D

Mates rates it cost me...

$850 for a 2.5" twin redback full exhaust and opened up cats, and tri y extractors, all that had done 5000kms.

$450 for CAIOTR with K+N filter

$450 for the tune/shift points, and throttle body all cleaned up etc..

$180 for a good service done by myself... plugs, leads, Oil/filter, fuel filter,

HSVKEV260R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY1 HSV Clubsport R8 M6
imo forget the pod set-up, been there done that and didn't do squat!

invest in a quality otrcai and have it custom tuned. and if the tuner is any good they will optimize your trans shift points in the program, and it'll sure fix your economy issues. this should see you somewhere in the range of 220-240rwkw.

introduce a couple of resonators into the rear of your exhaust system and this'll help with the drone factor big time. it has on mine.

sucks to hear your unhappy with the new ride but after you've got this sorted she'll be a weapon not to be messed with! keep us updated on how it's going mate.

jason:thumbsup:

Don't discount all POD setups!! Go to Autobarn and buy their Autotechnica unit with the Polished Aluminium Intake pipe, I have this unit on my VY1 R8 and it loves it!! More torque, more economy on the open road AND city driving!! And the best bit, the throaty induction roar I get every time I floor it!! Also, the polished aluminium looks great as well!! Worth $300 to buy, 30mins to install and tons of fun thereafter!! I like it sooo much I am already planning to buy one for my fianc'ees recently acquired V2 Monaro!! The biggest reason for the torque increase is because the pipe is metal not plastic, round not oval. The ribbed oval intake fitted to all Commodore LS1's and VY1 HSV's had a bad habit of sucking in on itself under heavy throttle and restricing itself, as well as providing a disturbed airflow. With the Aluminium Pipe, this will eliminate those factors and therefore provide for higher volume and smooth airflow resulting in extra torque as I have already noticed. (I took on a 6ltr std LS2 and won!!;))
I am also an advocate for both a well built, easy flowing exhaust and Pacemaker Extractors!! These are items that are already fitted to the Monaro and they also seem to make the LS1 a bit punchier than normal. I am hoping that combining these things together will make a beast without even taking a head off the block or even a manifold or throttle body!!

Last edited:

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
I would have to disagree. Even the sealed POD set ups I have logged have had significantly higher IAT,s. This means less power available.
IMO pods are shaped like they are for one reason. To fit where the sun dont shine with no lube.
As for the intake tube sucking in on itself. If this happens change your filter as thats where the restriction is. I have had the standard filter set up with the 2 hole mod at 6500rpm under load with minimal pressure loss.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Getting tired of hearing about these **** pod setups. Are you sponsored by Autocrapnica or something?