Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ls1 pcm retuning help!

maccaz69

Reaction score
Hey fellas, well after a week tinkering on this I have learned a lot & confused by a lot!
Unfortunately there’s not an awful lot of base tunes in the repository to start with but from a couple of the hsv demos you quickly get the gist that it’s all about more ve & more timing.

I have some problems though I get knock really easily with any more advance (I can actually get it to knock with the standard spark table….) and wondering how to address that…..

I have also richened it up a lot but discovered the vx on have lean cruise but not the vt/wh’s! This is really crap because that’s another thing I really wanted to tinker with for my long drives to Melbourne & back.

There doesn’t seem to be much product support on their forums either & I can only find vague information on what options there are to instal lean cruise but it seems as though that’s only an efi live addition & if I ask someone to do it it renders hptuners useless as it won’t open the tune anymore? Ive also read that it can be enabled with tuner cat obd2 and then I can read vehicle again to have a hpt file to edit…..does anyone know if there’s someone in Qld or Vic that can do that?

Wondering if I should have jumped into hptuners so quickly now…..

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hey fellas, well after a week tinkering on this I have learned a lot & confused by a lot!
Unfortunately there’s not an awful lot of base tunes in the repository to start with but from a couple of the hsv demos you quickly get the gist that it’s all about more ve & more timing.

I have some problems though I get knock really easily with any more advance (I can actually get it to knock with the standard spark table….) and wondering how to address that…..

I have also richened it up a lot but discovered the vx on have lean cruise but not the vt/wh’s! This is really crap because that’s another thing I really wanted to tinker with for my long drives to Melbourne & back.

There doesn’t seem to be much product support on their forums either & I can only find vague information on what options there are to instal lean cruise but it seems as though that’s only an efi live addition & if I ask someone to do it it renders hptuners useless as it won’t open the tune anymore? Ive also read that it can be enabled with tuner cat obd2 and then I can read vehicle again to have a hpt file to edit…..does anyone know if there’s someone in Qld or Vic that can do that?

Wondering if I should have jumped into hptuners so quickly now…..
Have you tried pcmhacking?
Have read.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
base tunes can just be other peoples mistakes, more VE and more timing is not the way to go as u have found timing is pretty good stock and can knock even then, richening it up will lower power and also cause rich knock and possibly detonation which can take out ring lands,

dont worry about lean cruise its not all its thought to be and all the US LS1's dont have it and most here i would say disable it anyway

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
What fuel grade are you using?