Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ls1 V8

Dan VS 231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Senator
Do CRS (Castlemaine Rod Shop) have anything available for this kind of thing? To my knowledge they have a bunch of kits for conversions and other such work. They might have some info for you about the change over.

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
that would be hektic mate. could ya fit a ls3 in?

96SEN8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS and VS Senator 215i
CRS do a conversion kit for the vn-vs. Its about 2.5k and you get new mounts and starter motor. maybe a few other things aswell that i cant remember. You will have to find a place that will do custom extractors for it aswell.

89 vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Exec, 94 VR SS
In general theres the engine space, rewiring, ecu and the most important of all - Brakes.

Thats all anyone cares about when you do this conversion.. are the brakes up to the task of stopping all that power, you didnt happen to get the brakes as well from that car did you? cos your gonna need LS spec brakes which would be VT onwards

And if anyone reads Street Commodore magazine, so many people have done this conversion it aint funny. theres a bloke with NINE mufflers in his VC LS1 and from memory its about 300+rwkw every issue they are preaching LS1 conversion, basically LS1s are best in the car they werent designed for haha