Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ls2 into 1979 vb commodore

sweetvb

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sl
iphone327.jpg

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
awesome mate

sweetvb

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sl
thanks
glad its all done just getting rewired and hopefully all sweet then

gen3_vh

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss / ls1 vh / vx clubsport r8
hey mate awsome to see some pics of this conversion done finally as im just getting ready now to put my ls1 motor and l460e out of a vx into my vh i just had a couple of questions for you hope you dont mind and im not expecting you to answer them if you dont want to but i was wondering about the radiator and the bracket it looks like you have fabricated what radiator did you use was my first question and i was also curious about what you said about dropping the power steering rack down flush with the k frame i was under the impression that useing a vn/r/s v8 k frame and steering rack with the vl intermediate shaft would solve any issuse there is with clearance..is that not true or did you use a different k frame and steering rack??

tigervh

SS.....smokin....!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Tiger Mica EFI VH, VZ SS, XC Barina SRI
hey mate awsome to see some pics of this conversion done finally as im just getting ready now to put my ls1 motor and l460e out of a vx into my vh i just had a couple of questions for you hope you dont mind and im not expecting you to answer them if you dont want to but i was wondering about the radiator and the bracket it looks like you have fabricated what radiator did you use was my first question and i was also curious about what you said about dropping the power steering rack down flush with the k frame i was under the impression that useing a vn/r/s v8 k frame and steering rack with the vl intermediate shaft would solve any issuse there is with clearance..is that not true or did you use a different k frame and steering rack??

I know I'm being a bit of a grammar nazi here but can you please incorporate full stops and paragraphs it your posts. You have asked some good questions but it is deadset painful to read. I had to go over it several times to figure out what you are saying. I did a quick edit of your post (below) which took all of thirty seconds and is way easier to read.

Hey mate, awesome to see some pics of this conversion done finally as I'm just getting ready now to put my ls1 motor and l460e out of a vx into my vh. I just had a couple of questions for you, I hope you dont mind and I'm not expecting you to answer them if you dont want to.

I was wondering about the radiator and the bracket it looks like you have fabricated. What radiator did you use?

I was also curious about what you said about dropping the power steering rack down flush with the k frame. I was under the impression that using a vn/r/s v8 k frame and steering rack with the vl intermediate shaft would solve any issuse there is with clearance, is that true or did you use a different k frame and steering rack?

gen3_vh

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss / ls1 vh / vx clubsport r8
Cheers for the edit there does look a bit better im no grammar expert nor would i want to be...im gessing you dont have any answers for the questions i asked ??
I know I'm being a bit of a grammar nazi here but can you please incorporate full stops and paragraphs it your posts. You have asked some good questions but it is deadset painful to read. I had to go over it several times to figure out what you are saying. I did a quick edit of your post (below) which took all of thirty seconds and is way easier to read.

tigervh

SS.....smokin....!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Tiger Mica EFI VH, VZ SS, XC Barina SRI
Sorry mate, the only conversion I've done is an injected 5 litre and Supra 5 speed into a VH, appart from a few things that's a straight bolt in.

I'm not a grammar expert either, just a tradie. Chucking in a few capitals, commas and fullstops aint that difficult!

sweetvb

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sl
Hey bud
I don't mind answer at all I bought the radiator from a place in Victoria off eBay just look up vb/vc/vh radiator, as for the mounts I chose to remove the old ones due to cracking and also I could mount my tranny cooler of it
I moved the power steering rack to fit my extractors past the power steer rack on the drivers side, I never thought to go later model k-frame but after you mentioning it I may look into it. I never used the 4L60E tranny that was standard with my engine, I thought they were to long and wide for the transmission tunnel and for where the cross member mount. I hope that helps ya mate