Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Machined rotors

Shorty33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega sedan 3.0 2010
I looked into these issues last year. It is very easy to waste money, with no improvement.
First - measure the thickness of your rotors. If they're at or near minimum, then replace them. Near new Holden rotors are dirt-cheap, thanks to all them young blokes doing "upgrades" on new cars.
"Machining" is waste of money: either they need replacing, or they don't.
There are lots of threads on JC discussing choices of rotors, and of pads: the "search" button is your friend.
Personally, I like the "low dust" option - I don't like brake dust covering my wheels.
Bendix are a popular brand of pads (and there are other good brands). But Bendix make several grades, or varieties, of pads in the same size, so you have a choice.
But Bendix also make some (but not all) of the pads which are sold as the house brand in Repco & in SCA.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
I wouldnt say machining is a waste of money at all. Why buy new rotors because of runout/shudder/squeal when a skim gets the surface back to brand new at a fraction of the cost?

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
Has anybody actually priced up some genuine HSV sized rotors? They ain't cheap at all.

You may be able to get away with aftermarket brands but genuine HSV rotors ain't nowhere near as to what it will cost machining them.

Cheapest I got for 343mm discs was $440ea trade price.