Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MAF fault code i think

Scandall

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute, HR ute
G'day all
a couple of days ago my vyss ute was missing under acceleration, I was thinking a plug or similar, when I popped the bonnet for a look I found my air filter hose hanging of the filter box. my MAF was running on the pulley under it, mainly the plug, worn a bit but still work, I can see the rubber was kinked at the bottom of the rubber boot, It wasn't fitted correctly and I just did 50km of dirt the drive before so that's why it fell off.
refitted it all correctly, and on start up I get a check engine dash fault flashing at me. why didn't this flash before when the MAF was hanging?
I've tried to clear the code with a super cheap auto scanner tool (actron). it's not finding any faults. anyone know or have some clues for me on where to look? how do you test a MAF?
any help would be appreciated
cheers Scandall

calobes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
If you turn your car on and knock on the maf with your knuckles it might make the engine stall/miss. If it does your maf isn't working properly.
I did this with my everyday runaround (subie liberty). Replaced the maf and all went well.

Scandall

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute, HR ute
thanks for the reply mate, I just had another go at fixing it, I found out my air con wasn't working either (hot today lol) and I guessed that it was related, check engine fault was still there, I ended up pulling fuses and found one blown in the engine bay, air con works now and fault on the dash has gone away. I think a wire from the maf that was touching the pulley under it must of shorted and stuffed that fuse. all good