Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mafless Tune Info?

STARK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY BERLINA II 5.7
Thinking about getting a OTR and Mafless for my berlina in the near future..

Just wanting to hear what people think after having there ls1's tuned, what was your power gains and how much did you spend? I got quoted $1300 for otr and mafless tune from Active Automotive in Perth, with a 30-40rwhp gain. Cheers

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
that price is quite reasonable as the OTR's range from $500 - $800

I paid $1200 for tune including underdrive pulley/otr installation, that was sometime ago so prices seem to be falling
went from 210 - 234rwkw

STARK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY BERLINA II 5.7
Thanks for the reply mate, yeah mine would be $1200 also but he said a extra $100 because its auto.. Did u feel a good difference? Well worth the money?

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
It's worth the money combined with an exhaust IMO.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
nope, im selling mine so not doing any mods now. need it gone lol.

but id recommend 100% doing the exhaust first, that way when Eddy tunes it youll get the most out of it, rather then putting the exhaust on later and not having the tune to suit.

i know actives do a very reasonably priced exhaust/otr/tune combo

ls1-rice-eater

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Well worth the bang for your buck, but ill second you should upgrade your exhaust before doing it, had my otr and mafless tune done (paid the same as you) @ actives along with a stall & cam on my vy ss a4 ute, with a decent set of extractors and exhaust that i bought it with (which are for sale cheap if your interested), it pulled 362 rwhp. Which compared to my almost stock ute blew my mind on what they had created, its in actives as we speak for 4-1 pacy headers, high flow cats and a twin 3" system, in my opinion a stock ls1 a4 is shithouse, get it done with at least an exhaust and ill guarantee you wont have any regrets.

STARK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY BERLINA II 5.7
nope, im selling mine so not doing any mods now. need it gone lol.

but id recommend 100% doing the exhaust first, that way when Eddy tunes it youll get the most out of it, rather then putting the exhaust on later and not having the tune to suit.

i know actives do a very reasonably priced exhaust/otr/tune combo

Yeah ive got a twin 2.5" manta catback and thats all ill be doing to the zorst atm only cash ive got i wanna spend on tune and intake.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
your going to love it, they up the line pressure so when you put power button on its like its shift kitted (brutal), turn it off its nice and tame again. its like 2 different personalities in my stato, tc on and power button off for cruising then hit the buttons it all changes.

STARK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY BERLINA II 5.7
your going to love it, they up the line pressure so when you put power button on its like its shift kitted (brutal), turn it off its nice and tame again. its like 2 different personalities in my stato, tc on and power button off for cruising then hit the buttons it all changes.

Hahaha sounds like fun! Cant wait to get it done, and to hear the otr sucking air like a malaysian hooker