Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MAFless Tune & my service managers opinion

TraidMarc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.traidmarc.com
Members Ride
VE Series II SS-V Redline Sportswagon A6 Phantom
What fuss? I merely posted to inform of my service managers opinion, and the question was asked for piece of mind, and the answer to the question also relates to adding anything, basically if you change the exhaust, then the exhaust isn't covered under warranty, if I add a blower the blower isn't covered under warranty, and I doubt that a lifter or big end will be, but the drive line still would be unless they can prove that the blower caused the problem with the drive line. And the blower is in the future. In any case I just thought it might be useful information for someone hence the posting of it. It just answers some questions that I had, although not entirely too concerned, but I had the question and figured others might also have the question also.

lease1

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
If its Wilson's good luck. Notoriously bad for warranty matters, and I know that first hand. If it's Gateway, Ive heard they're just as bad.

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
Ok, 1. I 'am not a perspective customer, I have had the Car for 2 months. 2. yes It would be good to have it in writing.3.talk is cheap but I never said that I talked to the guy, I emailed him and I have the emails.........which brings me back to point 2, yes I have it in writing :)

You are a prospective customer, services = money!!

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
The dealer doesnt decide what is and isnt covered by warranty, Holden does.

If a Holden warranty rep comes out to view an engine claim and sees missing MAF and OTR etc he will say engine modified no warranty.

That being said it doesnt always happen that way but my point is there is the risk that a claim will be declined.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
if I add a blower the blower isn't covered under warranty, and I doubt that a lifter or big end will be, but the drive line still would be unless they can prove that the blower caused the problem with the drive line.

I think you'll find that if you do break something it'll be a matter of you proving that the blower DIDN'T cause the problem.