Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Magna injectors in a VT

Will.C

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
I have a vt commodore with an exhaust, extractors cold air intake and high ratio rockers and was wondering whether anyone has had any experience with using magna injectors in vt's and weather it makes a difference to performance or economy, I have 2 sets currently out of Magna's some CDH 210's and CDH 275's, does anyone know much about these?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
If it's just a 6 you will see no benefit. You will also need to get the ecu tuned to suit.

PaRaDoX

From the old days
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW N54 Twin Turbo
I have a vt commodore with an exhaust, extractors cold air intake and high ratio rockers and was wondering whether anyone has had any experience with using magna injectors in vt's and weather it makes a difference to performance or economy, I have 2 sets currently out of Magna's some CDH 210's and CDH 275's, does anyone know much about these?

The injector flow rate is different, and from memory they are like %10 larger than the stock v6 ones providing they arn't shagged, Nothing to write home about when you can get a set of 800cc injectors for $400 new.

danbotten

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx executive series II 3.8 ecotec
your best just buying bigger injector made for commodore :smoking:

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
For the mod's OP has. It's no where near pushing the factory injectors. You could buy some new ones if your unsure when they were last done considering the VT is nearing 12 years?

bradzhsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt 5litre aussie hydrolic roller worked
ive heard some talk about it ut at the end of the day bro its governed by a factory fuel reg, first u need an adjustable reg, second u can only boost it a fraction or u will loose power, if anything that fraction may kill a few flat spots or starve points through the rev range,an thats if they fit cause ive never seen them,i put a malpassi fuel reg in my 304 with gen 3 5.7 injecters, from experiance its a wast of time to change injectors or fuel pressure unless youv done serious mods, sorry bro,,,,,, u will always hear this my friend an not bein smart but unless u got more money then sense then ya better off waiting for a v8