Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[General] Make your own EGR pipe!

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
which will reduce power, as if youd ever get caught for it

The EGR valve will only open when the car is cruising, it won't open when the car is cold or under acceleration. So it won't reduce power when you want it.

bpefi

Tech
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hilux Ute - Vs Ecotech Engine
E.G.R can also reduce pumping losses / combustion temps & improve fuel economy especially cooled E.G.R - do a search on Google ...very interesting ... I always used to pull them off .. but there are articles on Autospeed & many other places about them & the advantages.

IMCRZY

YO!
Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Excutive Turbo, 00 VT Olympic Edition
E.G.R can also reduce pumping losses / combustion temps & improve fuel economy especially cooled E.G.R - do a search on Google ...very interesting ... I always used to pull them off .. but there are articles on Autospeed & many other places about them & the advantages.

Used to do the same thing lol....

stickym

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Sl wagon and vr executive t5
In internal combustion engines, exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) is a nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions reduction technique used in petrol/gasoline and diesel engines.

EGR works by recirculating a portion of an engine's exhaust gas back to the intake. :)

i think that carbon monoxide mate .. unless your cars are producing nitrogen oxide (NOS), though that would be sweet.......

NightRIDA

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Exec
Thanks but carbon monoxide is the harmless stuff that comes out of the tailpipe after the cats get rid of the nasty stuff such as nitrogen oxide.
And yes you can make a self powered NOS bottle (no refils EVER).

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Please tell me you are taking the piss nightrida...

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
There is a big difference between NO and N2O, for the record NOS stands for Nitrous Oxide System, the bottles are filed with N2O.