Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Making air con colder

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
They don't seem to be as fast as Subaru units either, but still get the car more than cold enough for me in just a few minutes on a moderate setting. Have you got your fan on High and temp on C or run it on Auto ?
If you want Cruiser icicles in your Holden go buy a Landcruiser compressor then get an adaptor kit made up and fitted. probably 2 grand later you'll be in VE icicle heaven.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
The evaporator sensor controls the temp of the evaporator and the air passing through it before it exits the vents, this minimum temperature wont change by changing the compressor.

NIXONLS1

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my mum
I think i just expect too much from my Air Con, both the VE's I've had AC's have worked about the same.

They don't work anything like the Toyota Landcruiser AC units is all I mean, those things just about leave frost on the air vents.

Lol Toyota are built way better than Holden, what do you expect.

My vz air con is fine, of your air con isn't cold I suggest having it re gassed.

azzss

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 9.5 SSV Sportswagon M6 & 08 prado D4D GXL M6
A simple thing to try, hose out the condensor (front of radiator) bugs,grass etc build up in there which will make the system have high head pressure, which in turn will shut the compressor off early. We run earthmoving gear at work, and alot of the time a poor a/c performance is caused by blocked condensor. Worth a try anyway. B.T.W my air con is cold in the ssv, and bloody freezing in the prado!.
Cheers.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Mine wasnt getting very cool, got it checked has a tiny leak somewhere they re oiled and re gassed it with dye, gets freezing real quick now, cant have it on 17 degress anymore as my hands go numb :( lol

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
The AC in my ute use to be fantastic, as someone has already said, wasn't the fastest AC to cool the car down, but once it was cold, it was freezing!
Sadly now something is playing up and the AC won't go cold, I'm leaning towards it needed a re-gas, so hopefully that'll fix it.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
The AC in my ute use to be fantastic, as someone has already said, wasn't the fastest AC to cool the car down, but once it was cold, it was freezing!
Sadly now something is playing up and the AC won't go cold, I'm leaning towards it needed a re-gas, so hopefully that'll fix it.

You could have a small leak like i did, mine cools really quick now and gets freezing fast as lol

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
You could have a small leak like i did, mine cools really quick now and gets freezing fast as lol

Where was the leak?

blasta1

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE
my 07 omega works heaps better than my old toyota hiace ac , but it was the old 2-80 type but ,ya know 80ks 2 windows down type , but yeh the comm air con gets like a ice box .