Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Making 'Show Off Your Ride' Private

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
Darren been thinking this for a bit.

i know it might make next no difference but i like the idea that if you want to see members rides you have to sign up to JC and not just be a lurker who goes on the forums looking and praying on peoples possessions.

cars, bikes, tools seem to get stolen left right and centre these days.

thursday night my brothers next door neighbor had their 4wd and Vespa stolen. they walked into the house, grabbed the keys, open the garage door and stole them.

open for opinions.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Sounds like a good idea. Won't matter much for the people who drive their car often but for builds like yours where it's predominately in the shed would make sense.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Plus another for this. I've had ransoms cone up to me in the street saying they've seen it on JC but are not members. Just gives a little more peace of mind.

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN SSV Enhanced 5.0, 1999 VT S Pac ll 3.8
Plus one for me as well. I don't have an overly expensive build going on but it has alot of value to me and id hate to have it stolen. I think making it so only members can view it would be a great idea.

Mk2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
How does someone walk right in to your house and just take your keys?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Good idea, tough implementation. To make it worth anything the admin would need to not only put registered parameters into play but time also. Like registered for two weeks or similar. For anyone who preys as a full time role, a simple registration and verification is barely a speed bump.

I'd also suggest that Google robots be blocked (isolated to that section) to prevent search headers coming up to the public.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
you'd be surprised how many people leave doors unlocked and makes things even easier when people have a desk next to the front door where they throw their keys

my brother works night shift and he said his missus heard someone touching the front door. cops said a few houses got done that night

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
+1 For this Jecs
Good idea, tough implementation. To make it worth anything the admin would need to not only put registered parameters into play but time also. Like registered for two weeks or similar. For anyone who preys as a full time role, a simple registration and verification is barely a speed bump.

I'd also suggest that Google robots be blocked (isolated to that section) to prevent search headers coming up to the public.
Its not going to be a massive hurdle, but any obstacle is a good one in this case isn't it? If nothing else it stops randoms stumbling across peoples cars as 'bags mentioned.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Yeah it's a good idea.
Surprised that it hasn't come up earlier.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
+1 For this Jecs

Its not going to be a massive hurdle, but any obstacle is a good one in this case isn't it? If nothing else it stops randoms stumbling across peoples cars as 'bags mentioned.

I'm not saying don't bother, just that if it gets done, do it all the way. I've joined heaps of forums just for a file or skerrick of info I've come across via Google.