Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manifold studs

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
Sean can't see a bloody thing in that pic but all I can think of is maybe a spot for another 02 sensor (different country ) ?

or probe 4 exhaust temp :unsure:

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
As far ass I know those bolts in the exhausts are/were/could be used for cold start reasons.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
well got a dude comming friday to tap the bolts out and re thread.
its going to be costing me between 130 and 140 including call out fee, so thats not so bad.

now next thing is where to get new studs? anyone know.
i asked him over the phone and he said nissan, i assume it aint going to be cheap if i go nissan

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
well got a dude comming friday to tap the bolts out and re thread.
its going to be costing me between 130 and 140 including call out fee, so thats not so bad.

now next thing is where to get new studs? anyone know.
i asked him over the phone and he said nissan, i assume it aint going to be cheap if i go nissan

Someone said toyota 1's a little thicker and cheaper..

snake_VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
ES7516 from repco, $1.80 each. tell them josh from 376 quoted that price for you. thats trade price roughly. they should have them in stock or be able to get them in overnight. best to do the whole lot at once too

don't know if thats cheap enough for you. good luck

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
ah cheers for that Josh.
i assume 376 is a shop refrence number then.

*looks in wallet-'scratches head' thinks i aint going to make it*

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I always just go to the bolt shop whenever it comes time to get replacement bolts.

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
I got mine from repco trade price from memory around $25 the set any good parts shop will have them or be able to get them quickly (common problem, common part) ring around they shouldn't be that hard to find

nosey me wants to know,,,who is doing the job for you????

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
ES7516 from repco, $1.80 each. tell them josh from 376 quoted that price for you. thats trade price roughly. they should have them in stock or be able to get them in overnight. best to do the whole lot at once too

don't know if thats cheap enough for you. good luck
well i stoped there this morning on the way to work and they didnt have any in stock. they were able to order them in and i was able to picked them up on the way home from work.
when i said that you quated that she said nah tell him your kidding.
she gave me the at trade price supposubly but still cost $42 for them all.
Owell at least i got them

I always just go to the bolt shop whenever it comes time to get replacement bolts.
yah went to bunninigs (spelling) but wasnt able to get tensil nuts so headed to supercheap down the road and got a the last pack in the right size, bugger its only a ten pack:bang: need two more. time to reuse two.

I got mine from repco trade price from memory around $25 the set any good parts shop will have them or be able to get them quickly (common problem, common part) ring around they shouldn't be that hard to find

nosey me wants to know,,,who is doing the job for you????

yah no probs the dude is Captian Thread he comes to you and will fix you up, got his details of calaisturbo boys and apparntly hes good, so we will see tommorow.
http://yellowpages.com.au/onlineSol...22e6bb|9b67bb7c14b8cd920a2ee71270ac2b49&st=bn

also bought a new gasket and some gasket goo so tommorow night when im home from work time to fit it all up, lets hope all goes well

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
cool! captain thread did my stud removal and he is good at what he does:thumbsup:

Last edited: