Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manifold studs

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
well i stoped there this morning on the way to work and they didnt have any in stock. they were able to order them in and i was able to picked them up on the way home from work.
when i said that you quated that she said nah tell him your kidding.
she gave me the at trade price supposubly but still cost $42 for them all.
Owell at least i got them

yah went to bunninigs (spelling) but wasnt able to get tensil nuts so headed to supercheap down the road and got a the last pack in the right size, bugger its only a ten pack:bang: need two more. time to reuse two.

yah no probs the dude is Captian Thread he comes to you and will fix you up, got his details of calaisturbo boys and apparntly hes good, so we will see tommorow.
http://yellowpages.com.au/onlineSol...22e6bb|9b67bb7c14b8cd920a2ee71270ac2b49&st=bn

also bought a new gasket and some gasket goo so tommorow night when im home from work time to fit it all up, lets hope all goes well

Sean Gasket goo? I wouldn't put that on ur exhaust but..:thumbsup:

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
Sean Gasket goo? I wouldn't put that on ur exhaust but..:thumbsup:

high temp silicone sensor friendly type

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
high temp silicone sensor friendly type

Yes just like this:thumbsup:

PERMATEX ULTRA COPPER Hi-Temp RTV Silicone Gasket Maker

Detailed Description
For 4-cylinder, turbocharged or high-performance engines. The most advanced, high temperature RTV silicone gasket available. Sensor-safe, low odor, non-corrosive. Superior adhesion. Three times more oil resistant than conventional silicones; eight times more flexible than cut gaskets. Temperature range -75�F to 700�F intermittent; resists auto and shop fluids and vibration.

Suggested Applications: Exhaust manifolds/headers, valve covers, oil pans, timing covers, water pumps, thermostat housings

:yeah:

Attachments

• ultrartv1.jpg
    ultrartv1.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 175

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
Dont worry Mark i bought that stuff, exactly that one.
just gasket goo was easyer to say:p

lube for putting the new studs in? just bit of wd40 will be fine?
also might bring home a thread cleaner tool from work

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
Dont worry Mark i bought that stuff, exactly that one.
just gasket goo was easyer to say:p

lube for putting the new studs in? just bit of wd40 will be fine?
also might bring home a thread cleaner tool from work

:rofl:
And yes to the rest:thumbsup:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
That bolt in the end of the manifold is for an EGR pipe, some had it some didn't. If you are refitting the original manifold you will need the genuine studs as they are longer. It was me that said to use Toyota flange studs if you fit extractors as they are a bit shorter and cheaper. Also you will need the genuine gasket to allow the manifold to slide like it was designed to. Make sure you fit the 2 correct washers back to every stud as well. Do not use any gasket sealant as this will only bind the gasket up and it will leak. Check the manifold with a straight edge to see if it is warped. You may need to get it machined. Not doing it properly is only a temporary fix, it will leak again.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
That bolt in the end of the manifold is for an EGR pipe, some had it some didn't. If you are refitting the original manifold you will need the genuine studs as they are longer. It was me that said to use Toyota flange studs if you fit extractors as they are a bit shorter and cheaper. Also you will need the genuine gasket to allow the manifold to slide like it was designed to. Make sure you fit the 2 correct washers back to every stud as well. Do not use any gasket sealant as this will only bind the gasket up and it will leak. Check the manifold with a straight edge to see if it is warped. You may need to get it machined. Not doing it properly is only a temporary fix, it will leak again.

well i did every thing pritty much opaiste to what you said:p

used not genuine studs, non genuine gasket and i used that copper sealer.
owell looks like eventually it will nead fixing again.:D

just only finished getting it together and let me say the spot light i was using was bloody hot. tommorow morning i can drive when its fully set.
started it up just before and no leaks what i could hear.

i must say the stock system is a fair bit quiter then what im use too.

wheel alignment to go and fit my spare stockies and its all done.

all up spent $357, stud removed and rego+transfer of ownership.
gasket and studs etc $70ish
so this cars cost me over one grand just so far, owell at least it wil be running fine.

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
so the verdict on captain thread? would ya recommend him or not?

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
yes Captain Thread he did a good job. was there for only apparntly 30 minutes or just a bit more, and did 6 studs in the time.

cleaned the studs out well and i didnt have much problems except from one stud where it had jus ta little metal filling left in the hole but all in all still good and was able to book me i fair quickly with short notice to get it done.

snake_VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
well i stoped there this morning on the way to work and they didnt have any in stock. they were able to order them in and i was able to picked them up on the way home from work.
when i said that you quated that she said nah tell him your kidding.
she gave me the at trade price supposubly but still cost $42 for them all.
Owell at least i got them

i hate that, its people like that that give repco a bad name. you had a quote from me and she could've rang me to verify that if she wanted to. sounds like she gave you full retail price too...that really ****s me i was trying to help you out