Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manifold studs

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
well looks like the jobs going to happen again....
the gasket gave way or something and the tractor is back:bang:
i believe the manifold is actually warped so took the extracors of the project and going to be fitting them tommorow after work,

i reckon Not_An_Abba_Fan was on the money when he/she said dont use a sealer, the berlina didnt have any sealer just the gasket and bolted on.

now just the desision should i fit the cat back system and my high flow cat????

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I rest my case.

Sorry...that sounds a bit smug. Don't take offense.

Last edited:

snake_VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
i've used maniseal on both of mine, one with extractors (no gasket cos it was a set of brand new stainless ones that reckon they don't need one) and one with the standard manifold and gasket, and both are fine at least 6 months later. no tractor here. so i don't see why that would be your problem, i've never seen a vl without some sort of sealer

Last edited:

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
well got the extractors on and my highflow cat but had a problem and couldnt get the cat to seal properly as the gaskets were fekd,
my lighting blew just as was fitting the cat also doing it on the top of the driveway, so stoped at 930 and drove it to get subway

now if you want a loud vl trying running extractors and a cat only:thumbsup:
on the way home car started playing up and the cable/plug for the cas decided to cut in and out so little wiggle start and drive, engine stops then wiggle again till i got home:bang:

so tommorow fixing the cat and the plug and all should be ok (fingers crossed)

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
well got the extractors on and my highflow cat but had a problem and couldnt get the cat to seal properly as the gaskets were fekd,
my lighting blew just as was fitting the cat also doing it on the top of the driveway, so stoped at 930 and drove it to get subway

now if you want a loud vl trying running extractors and a cat only:thumbsup:
on the way home car started playing up and the cable/plug for the cas decided to cut in and out so little wiggle start and drive, engine stops then wiggle again till i got home:bang:

so tommorow fixing the cat and the plug and all should be ok (fingers crossed)

Now if this didn't happen you wouldn't be working on a CAR!!:yeah:

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
owell im not overly phased at it, every car will have fualts when you get it. you just got to weed them out and fix it

the lina took some time to get it running fine and no problems so i can only expect the same with the daily except it will be easyer as i know what im doing this time round;)

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
owell im not overly phased at it, every car will have fualts when you get it. you just got to weed them out and fix it

the lina took some time to get it running fine and no problems so i can only expect the same with the daily except it will be easyer as i know what im doing this time round;)

Yes it's the joys of motoring lol..:thumbsup: