Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manta Catback 2.5in quiet or medium for 2008 GTS with standard headers and cats?

HSV_Mick

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 HSV GTS
After a fair amount of research and consideration of budget restraints, I have decided to replace a worn out Pacemaker Catback 2.5in system on a 2008 GTS with either a Manta 2.5in muffler/muffler (quiet) or a Manta 2.5 hotdog/muffler (medium).
I would like to hear from members who have either of these systems installed on a VE GTS with standard headers and cats.
Is the 'quiet' too quiet and is the 'medium' too loud and is there any drone in either system?
According to Manta there is no difference in sound between the Manta stainless and mild steel.
My requirements are no drone with great sound.

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
If you don’t want any done, go the quiet system

I have the 2.5” Difilippo stainless system (before they were bought out by Manta) on my Sportwagon - whilst it sounds good, it drones around 1800-2000 rpm - it’s quite irritating if you’re after a quiet drive

HSV_Mick

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 HSV GTS
If you don’t want any done, go the quiet system

I have the 2.5” Difilippo stainless system (before they were bought out by Manta) on my Sportwagon - whilst it sounds good, it drones around 1800-2000 rpm - it’s quite irritating if you’re after a quiet drive
Thanks ChRiDDa. I think the Difilippo and Manta systems are different. If you go to the Manta site https://www.mpiautomotive.com/ they have Manta and DPE systems for different vehicles. Maybe someone on here can advise.