Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manta exhaust Drone

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
So just had a shop modify oem mufflers to fit manta it’s drone free when closed and a bit of drone when one but nowhere near as droney when compared to mantas rear mufflers.

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
Some OTR's can change the exhaust note horribly. One way I check to see if the OTR affects drone is to pull the air filter out and see if the note changes. Some will, some won't. A lap around the block will tell you if it affects it or not.

And to confirm, the centre section definitely looks like this?

View attachment 229659
yep that’s the one I have.

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
As well as everyone else's questions and comments, what is your spare wheel setup? Some just have a plastic infill that came with the tyre goo. That infill panel if you have one is like a wall coupled speaker.
Black plastic infill with goo. Regarding the centre brace manta never supplied it.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Black plastic infill with goo. Regarding the centre brace manta never supplied it.

The centre brace is factory Holden. It needs to be there. Did you fit it or did a shop?

This one.

1637120566710.png

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
Edit.... posted same time as Abba.

Centre brace is OEM fitted. Should still be there. If not, get one from the wreckers. Like Abba said, the brace can go back in. It's a structural component of the car as discussed many moons ago in a thread on here somewhere.

What are you doing with the Manta mufflers?

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
So just had a shop modify oem mufflers to fit manta it’s drone free when closed and a bit of drone when one but nowhere near as droney when compared to mantas rear mufflers.
Bimodals open are 75% straight pipe and if that reduces drone, the Manta muffler internals aren't the best they could be, either the perforated tube inside isn't the ideal type or they're not packed properly with the best sound absorbing material.

Reactions: HDJ

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
Edit.... posted same time as Abba.

Centre brace is OEM fitted. Should still be there. If not, get one from the wreckers. Like Abba said, the brace can go back in. It's a structural component of the car as discussed many moons ago in a thread on here somewhere.

What are you doing with the Manta mufflers?
No clue yet since the original shop doesn’t want to help I’ll probably try and sell themes

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It's very unusual for the Manta rears to cause drone. I couldn't tell you how many I have fitted and never had bad droning like you describe.

Could be faulty manufacturing. Even then that's rare for Manta.

You really need to find a brace and fit it. It's structural for the car, if you have a crash, the structure will be compromised and insurance may not pay out.

Reactions: HDJ

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
Further to Abbas comments. Mine was thrown away along time ago also. Got one from the wreckers with bolts for $50 and gave it a freshen up. Will fit the Manta system without spacers.