Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manual Conversion Help Needed

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
so in short i will need to get a vr or super 6 manual loom and computer then? i thought the super 6 only came as auto or is this ecu the same as used in the regular 6 manual?? thanks for the help guys, its both useful and interesting. should also save me some headaches as well

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
so in short i will need to get a vr or super 6 manual loom and computer then? i thought the super 6 only came as auto or is this ecu the same as used in the regular 6 manual?? thanks for the help guys, its both useful and interesting. should also save me some headaches as well

VS RF and L67 ecu's have the components inside to read a manual VSS (speed sensor) where the standard auto ones cant.. if you use a manual ecu you will need a full manual wiring loom aswell. (and they are harder to find)

ashzv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN v6 s2 Berlina 5spd
hi, on a vs v6 t5.
just wondering, I thaught the ecu was the same it was just the memcal?
or does the manual ecu have extra/different circuitry inside?
So does that mean the manual ecu and memcal is needed?

And i can see on a wiring diagram the manual speed signal entires the ecu through D2 pin
where the auto enters through D5/ C6

Could the extra wire for D2 be added to the auto loom to convert it to a manual?
to save buying the manual loom?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yes manual T5 ecu ,police RF ecu,l67 ecu and some of the vs auto ecu's have the circuitry to run both auto and manual just not all the auto ones do it.holden fixed this in the VT making all ecu's do noth thank god.and yes you can use the old auto wires to feed power and earth to the sensor and send pulses to the ecu .there is allready a switched power in the auto plug ready for the power feed just beed to do the earth and pick what colour to use for the pulses and wire it to the sender and the correct ecu pin

ashzv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN v6 s2 Berlina 5spd
Hi,
thanks for the reply delco wizzard,
do you have part numbers for the auto ecu's which can be used if not the police ecu's?
Whats an RF ecu?

Where would you say the best place to find 1 is?

Does this mean i can just mod the auto loom to have the d2pin speed signal to ecu pin (with revers/inhibtor wiring mods)
and use an manual ecu to acheive factory results.
(no stalling and no fault codes/ proper speed signal to ecu?

Also what ecu would u recomend to run a ecotec t70turbo / manual/ 4:11 spool/roller rockers/ cooler/ plenum/runner spacer/ 12 psi stock internals/ 36lb super6 injectors bigger fuel pump stock fuelreg?

And map or maf? thanks for your help. its quite a confusing subject

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
ashzv6 you took the questions right out of my mouth haha