Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manual swap (VN motor and box into VS)

Mattimus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S1
Oh well I bought the computer and flywheel anyway. The dowel holes in the flywheel both have what appears to be a dowel in them, but has been ground off and sits flush with the face of the flywheel itself? wtf.

Am I going to have to modify my loom to accommodate for the manual computer? Also will I have to get it my key programmed to suit so I can still start my car? :p

TUF UTE

Dave
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SENATOR
this made me lol....

Mattimus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S1
Doesn't the flywheel have to be mirror balanced to the flexplate?
I can have this done relatively easily I think, a place not too far from here should have the tools and the know how for that.

this made me lol....
Thankyou, good sir, for this immensely insightful comment. Out of everything anyone has posted so far, this has by far been the most helpful. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Im pretty sure you will need the manual motor/gearbox loom to suit. Have a read of this, im supprised no one else has mentioned it so far.

Will I be able to pinch these of my donar car, being an executive manual VN? And is it simply a matter of cutting off all the wires to the plugs and then matching the colours when soldering it into the other vehicle, or will I need wiring diagrams?

cheers

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
No you will need vs computer, loom, etc. VN computers are the same auto to manual and it makes them piss easy for conversions :p

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
I'm running a VN T5 gearbox on my VS. Just kept the stock auto loom and computer, bridged the inhibitor switch, and wired up the speedo and reverse switch. Runs fine just need to screw the base idle screw in a few turns, also you will get the check engine light.

Mattimus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S1
I'm running a VN T5 gearbox on my VS. Just kept the stock auto loom and computer, bridged the inhibitor switch, and wired up the speedo and reverse switch. Runs fine just need to screw the base idle screw in a few turns, also you will get the check engine light.

Would be interested to know how much is involved in wiring up the speedo and reverse switch, was it difficult to do? I get the check engine light already. Only happens when my immobiliser stuffs up and I have to hold down the unlock button whilst turning the key to start the engine, which is basically every time haha.