Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mate's ED turbo Sleeper

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
those welds are sexual. i didnt realise you were epic at doing exhaust pub, should get you to make me mine.

whats plans for the future? still going to run it on the street? will prob get away with it if you sprayed those tips black and prayed to god a cop doesnt drive on the right side of you

have you got a pic of the dash installed?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
exhaust are a lot of work even simple things like this take me 6-7 hours. i think when i made kris exhaust took me 2 and a bit days. Really depends how complicated things are the 4 inch dump pipe was a lot quicker to do than the screamer which had multiple bends to get it inline with dump.

LOl would be nice to see it run street outlaw style but not going to happen kris canceled rego after the engine broke.

No dash install pics but there's no dash that panel will be just mounted straight onto the column. In near future probably after AFF drags nats in june i'll be building a cage for it

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Saw this thing today, Snapped a couple quick pics while Pub was welding Haks cooler.
A lot more impressive in person than the photos show.

M_IMG_0173.jpg

M_IMG_0175.jpg

M_IMG_0176.jpg

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
ha finally someone who can take decnt pictures

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
give the update spent long weekend up at heathcote doing skids and drag racing.

Ran about 20 passes all up and had a few dramas main issue were the goodyear raidials kris bought. They were cheap and he bought them to see if he could fit them under the guards. had troubles getting them to hook up all weekend.

Friday night was just stupid no traction what soever think we managed a 10.3 at like 140mph and some 135mph passes but no good et's.

We decided saturday they needed to be more sticky so we did some big burnouts to warm them up turns out they do good skids make good smoke good enough to win trophy for best burnouts and some cash. Managed a couple of 10 flat passes at 149mph but still struggled with hooking them up.

Also had this wierd popping across the top end first we thought it was hitting limiter but data logs showed it only getting to 6600rpm on a 7000rpm limiter so we thought it was a miss fire. After talking to one of the dynomite boys we found out that the haltech actually has a soft limiter where it cut ignition to 1 cylinder to stop it smashing the limiter. Which funnily enough sounded exactly like what happening.

So sunday morning we fired up the laptop bumped the limiter up to 7500rpm and first pass ran a 9.98 @ 153 mph instant 4 mph gain with it not bashing the soft limiter for so long still just touched it so might need to gear it down some more.

Stil struggled for 60 foot and 330 foot traction. but unfortunetley next pass an axle snapped and almost speared him into the wall.

[video=youtube_share;bX9XMZshwEU]http://youtu.be/bX9XMZshwEU[/video]

[video=youtube_share;mdV0UfeWwHk]http://youtu.be/mdV0UfeWwHk[/video]

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
a pic someone took with bellmouth onlooks alright with it poking out the bonnet

DSC_0254_zpsb37d243a.jpg

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
What's with the angle it sits at?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
U mean static or down the track?

yeah we're not sure if there's something tyre related but most likely we reckon it was the diff doing it it's definitely loading up the drivers with a heap of torque n power. It gets what we dubbed the e series shuffle going in some videos i'll get around to uploading them later.

If you go by mph and weight hak helped us work out its making around 900hp

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
awesome time!

fkn glad he was able to snap it back in line after it sent all the power to driver side wheel. could have ended up in the wall and seriously hurt.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
yeah no **** doesnt look bad in video but everyone agrees it was worse in real life.

Next mod is new diff and cage and chute and some micky t's 275's might even tub it a bit