Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Matt's Black VZ SV6

matt-chops

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
G'day guys,

This is my Black 2005 SV6.

I've owned this one since June 2009 and it was purchased with 79,000km on the clock and just this weekend has ticked over 221,000km.

To travel that 142,000km it has cost me, in fuel, $26,898.74 with an average of $15.33 and 82.5km per day (I'm not making this up, I actually log all this crap).

It' the family sedan, and it goes anywhere, gets covered in crap, but I love it.

I'm proud to say there are no significant dints or scratches in any of the panels. I did hit a kangaroo a few months back, but insurance sorted that for me without a drama and it's good as new (the photo is post-fix).

Very basic mods include:
  • SS Headlights
  • SS Steering Wheel
  • SS Bucket Seats (in matching original cloth)
  • HSV Airbox and Lukey Filter
  • OEM Front Strut Brace
  • MP3 Input

Upcoming mods include:
  • LED Lightbar - Lower Front Grille Mount
  • In-dash iPad Mini Install (planning stage)

So here it is, mixing it up in the Aussie countryside.

commodore-quite-dirty-800-01_zpse40b712b.jpg

I'll upload some detailed and detailed pics soon—just as soon as they re-seal the 2km of road that has been dug up on my route to work. There is just mud caked under the wheel arches at the moment. It's gonna suck to wash that.

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Love that photo mate. First awesome photo of a dirty commodore ive seen haha makes it look tough.

I also am very conscious about fuel usage aswell. I dont log book, but I monitor the kilometers I get out of every tank both Petrol and LPG and how much its costing just as an awareness thing. doesnt stop me from using alot of it if you know what i mean ;)

nickkjay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Thats such a nice photo! Tough car mate. Pretty much the same looking as mine lol!

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Same here , pity blacks a bugger to keep clean .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

nickkjay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Lol your not wrong there, everyone warned me about getting a black car, I thought it wouldnt be too bad but I will spend a couple of hours cleaning mine and the next day it looks like it hasnt been washed in weeks! Black looks the nicest though imo!