Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MaxiDiag US703 Scantool?

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
Howdy all

anyone actually have/used one of these on their VZ?

WE have an SRS light on the Adventra. I got told by the guy we brought it from it would clear SRS lights from the VZ.

Problem is ... it wont read anything to do with SRS! It can find ABS faults logged and other faults logged, but no SRS.

I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has used one before and had any similar experiences?

heyitsEnricoPallazzo

Big block Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ A4 Saloon
You haven't changed your instrument cluster recently by any chance? Or what if anything did you do to generate the code?

I have an MS509- no probs. The US prefix means US specific. Which could be your problem.

Last edited:

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
nah the Adventra is stock as a rock. Tried it in the Equipe, equally as stock as a rock, and same same! It cant access the SRS system.

The bloke now reckons the US703 is a diagnostic tool only and wont clear the SRS fault ... I'll pop up the email shortly ... then again he also claims once the 'airbag faulty is healed the airbag faulty light disappears'.

Does the MS509 access and clear the SRS?

He has them in stock too and is happy to return the 703. Im wondering if its worth swapping. Problem is if I swap then we're stuck with the 509, I can either send the 703 back for full refund or swap it but I'm stuck with the decision!

The code popped up 12 months ago and Greg (Phreddy) cleared it with Tech 2. After it continually set itself off over the next few days, Greg cleaned and checked the contacts along the line and it didnt come back. But now, 12 months later and its ready for the rego inspection again, dad went over a pothole again and bam - SRS failure. He doesnt want to take it to Holden, and last time he gave it to the mechanic he had NFI and couldnt even reset it (hopeless much?)

heyitsEnricoPallazzo

Big block Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ A4 Saloon
Not sure if mine resets SRS now. Does not mention on the website. Just assumed it would. I'm not going to generate a code to out.

No doubt you were sold that particular model because it specifically mentions SRS diagnosis and reset.

Looks like refund and and gouging by Holden.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
lol fair enough!

Once again Im reading the MS509 resets SRS, but Ive been told that once already!

Thanks for the info tho.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
nope because it doesnt recognise the SRS module

hsv453

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Z series Clubsport
Have you had the seats out to clean it or anything? Just pop your head under the seats to make sure the pretensioners are still plugged in.. Just take it to an auto elec, and use there scan tool, i only charge $30 to scan/erase codes

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
lol nah its as stock as a rock. Apart from chucking an SV6 leather wheel on it back in 2005 (without issue) and some SS pedals nothing else has been touched.

Its something with the drivers air bag, just weird though that cleaning contacts worked for close to 12 months then it come back, but obviously somethings there.

We're gonna have to try and hitup someone shortly I think, I'll try Greg from ASR again and continue the trouble shooting, to use his tech 2. Its just frustrating

Oh and to answer my question (in case anyone ever searches for this in future), Autel do an Airbag and Oil Reset tool (Autel OLR) which specifically mentions Holden, and apart from resetting SRS can also adjust service intervals. Dont know what else its useful for tho. The bloke we bought the US703 off had these airbag ones listed on ebay as recent as 27 June, so Ive asked if he has any more and waiting his reply ...

Enrico, with yours, does it work with the auto OBD2 scan? With ours, we do the auto scan from the menu and it comes up with no errors for either module it finds, but when we go in manually under 2005 Pontiac using Z as the VIN identifier it listed the other known issues (stored codes) we had with the front wheel speed sensor and brake light issue. For something that sounded so simple its quite a muck around to get the info we need. Also, are you able to update yours???

We're just weighing up do we send this back for refund or do we keep it for its DTC reading/clearing ability or do we consider buying a cheaper model (MS509) that sounds like it does the same

heyitsEnricoPallazzo

Big block Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ A4 Saloon
If I go to stored or pending codes it says none. Mine also does not have specific manufacturer listing, eg. pontiac etc.

Regarding update. When I bought it 3 years ago I was able to update. But since then the links on their website are bunk and also the update software does not like 64 bit architecture. I have also tried emailing them (last year) but never got a response.