Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MBM1's VZ SS UTE

mbm1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ute
Gday guys new to the forum and useless with computers so let me know if I'm stuffing up.

2005 VZ SS UTE
Picked this up a year and a half ago off a older guy who had no idea what so ever about it (he thought it was stock) but someone has spent a lot on it (if anyone in wa knows anything about it let me know).
What i know for sure is its a ls1 got a very lumpy cam its loud and goes hard haha. Its been debadged & resprayed with a gold metallic flake.
It has otr extractors full exhaust (well 3/4 as it dumps at diff)
It came on standed 18s that i replaced with a 2nd hand set of 20s.
was riding a lil high in the back so now has sssl in rear.
Being from nz iv had plenty of turbo 4&6 cylinders and done a lot of engine convertions on jap cars but this is my 1st holden so new to this side.
I have no idea how much power this has but iv got a hiace in nz with 300kw at the wheels thats similar weight and it feels about the same power.
Again I'm new to this all so sorry in advance
a>

Last edited:

mbm1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ute
yip of corse i stuffed pics up haha hopefully this works and yes i know there a faq but the pics don't show up (i blame this mac) all there is is a little blue box with a ? symbol in it. anyway forgot to mention since owning i have also installed a trutrac locrite diff centre and camber kit as the lsd started playing up after 6 months of skids and hate the feeling of cutting to 1 wheel mid skid. Last drive i had it had trouble going into reverse and also made a bit of a whining noise so a bit of research on here has led me to believe it may be a clutch issue. Well on heavy launches at the strip and some skids the clutch has being disappearing so thats all the more reason to change it out for a textralia z grip (thanks again just commodores for info i found on here) which means i might as well throw a rip shifter in at same time (can you see the snowball rolling) so they were ordered and should be here this week. And with that combo installed thought i may as well enter it into power cruise next month to kill some more tires and give it a good thrash a haha.

mbm1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ute

Well i can't upload pics no idea why so il see if a vid works

Last edited by a moderator:

mbm1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ute
I changed the rear end abit this week and took the sssl bmw springs out and installed new ssl kings and lowered gt monroes and a fresh set of tires ready to smoke them up next week at power cruise. Took it to wensday night drags only got a couple of runs in due to rain and i was also racing my yz450f in supermoto trim but managed to take a full second off my pb with a 13.5 with a slipping clutch and not so good launch. Bike did a 13.3 which surprised a lot of people and that was mostly on the back wheel haha

mbm1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ute
Well pics work now ??? took her in power cruise a few weeks ago with new clutch and rip shift fitted killed a new set tires over 2 days was a fun weekend. Will defiantly be taking it back to the track for drift maybe put the 18s back on tho 20s aint cheap haha

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
18's would be better for some track and drift work that's what i was going for when i was going to do some wannabe drifting:) . Nice list of mods you got whats next on the list power wise?.

Yeah I'm from NZ too so understand the turbo's had my fair share of japs. Good to see your in a 8 now still not cheap over there thou....