Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Me Mate is falling for A Nissan Skyline R32 4wd

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
I would take the R32 Skyline over any Holden, period. And considering they are relatively affordable to buy, thats a bonus.

I was watching an old Jeremy Clarkson show from around early to mid nineties and he was driving one of these in Japan. He said the chassis is engineered to take 800hp.

Its a purpose built and engineered road/race car. Far better than anything Holden or HSV put out in my opinion.

GLD-086

Reaction score
If I had the money, I would love a R34 GTR.:thumbsup:

If Skylines, Supras, EVOs, WRXs etc were as affordable as our Commodores, I know what I would be in. I love my Commodores, but they're just family cars, with peformance intentions (Not base models) at the end of the day. Whereas the japs have pure sports cars and can outrun just about anything, with half the engine size of a Commie.;)

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
If I had the money, I would love a R34 GTR.:thumbsup:

If Skylines, Supras, EVOs, WRXs etc were as affordable as our Commodores, I know what I would be in. I love my Commodores, but they're just family cars, with peformance intentions (Not base models) at the end of the day. Whereas the japs have pure sports cars and can outrun just about anything, with half the engine size of a Commie.;)

Well, a nice 4wd R32 can be had for $10,000 -$12,000

bout the same as a nice VX V6

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
if you try to persuade him from an AWD skyline to a VS V6 you should be shot. If your mate listens then he should be shot to. As for threesomes in the back, hello, bend them both over the bonnet. Or find a nice secluded spot somewhere. I've done it in the back seat of a fairlane several times with more room then a commodore and its not as fun or easy as its cracked up to be, its still fun but not as fun as on the loungeroom floor, or in a bed. Plus the cleaning of the upholstery the next day when you could just throw a sheet in the wash. you know how hard condensed milk is to get out of upholstery.

but anyway, let him get the skyline. i think you'll be jealous of the power, handling, and the chicks he'll pull.

I'm not saying the VS V6 is a better car!!!

He is sort of thinking through three options

buy a Nice VS $4,000 or so

a nice VT SS or VY exec for 10 to 12 g's

a R32 AWD for 10-12g's (the 2litre single turbo one)

It just sh&*ts me that for the 10 to 12gs he will spend I would rather he get something that won't blow me into the weeds

I like that 'bend them both over the bonnet'!!!

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
Im sorry but I would never pay $10,000 for a GTR. I just cant see a $10,00 GTR being in decent condition.

correct.

however a GTS-T 4wd can be had for 12g's in decent condition

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
bangers said:
Plus the cleaning of the upholstery the next day when you could just throw a sheet in the wash. you know how hard condensed milk is to get out of upholstery.

why would you wipe the history books ;)

j/k! but yeah, i was just trying to make an obscure but valid point