Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mechanic or Auto Electrician?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Something bothering me lately, still don’t know what it is. The car’s communication network is having outages under certain pitch and yaw, most times under load / kick down, causing Check Engine Light. And speedo fails back to zero for a moment. Sometimes all dash function (not lights).
It is as if ECU power is cut for a fraction of a second. It is intermittent, sometimes happens shifting Reverse into gear, or turning left, idling up a ramp or flooring uphill.
Codes are consistent in that they complain about comms from modules to the ECU or vice versa. Result is disable ESP and or limp mode. Depends on the length of outage but seems there is a hierarchy of module sensitivity first TCS, then ABS, then TCM, then BCM, then FPCM. However all modules including the Control Module (ECU) are complaining about comms.
Spark and voltage seems fine, except when BCM is reset then doors unlock(!) possibly a short or loose connection at the harness plugs - ECU / BCM / OBD, else chaffed harness wire somewhere.
I have a dual battery setup with (Police mode) calibration in the BCM for high Alternator output, checked the output and connections of charging system, also replaced main and starter batteries, one coil pack, and temporarily disconnected the oil accumulator.
I don’t think is a corrupt ECU or TCM per sé, as have flashed stock OS calibrations into both including Self-Clean and Fast Relearn, etc., drives normal except under load and or turning left or over bumps!
My thoughts are possibly VSS in the tranny or Wheel Speed Sensor (checked plug connector both front wheels) but thing is it has happened rapidly in succession without vehicle moving.
The sure fire way to get it to fail is fast takeoff or uphill (more the pitch not so much level of commanded torque), and yaw turning left, or front end over speed humps.
Anyone with similar experience?
I'm out of ideas, so mechanic or auto electrician?

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
ignition connection, barrel, clockspring, stability control module?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
what car were talking about?

oil pressure sensor maybe if its mainly on kick down

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Oil pressure very good, inspected harness plugs into control module found one lever was down, so cleaned, greased and locked tabs still no good.
Then took it to transmission guy, test drive he said straight way it is not helped by the broken engine mount. Will be in this evening, that does make sense so more confident to resolve than a needle in haystack.