Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Megaupload shut down

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
As has been written above. You cannot legislate to stop people downloading. Fundamentally the industries must adapt.

It's already happening.
The likes of iTunes are helping
Artists are touring much more than they ever did, you cant download the experience of a real show
Tv shows are including more product placement, they get paid up front for that
Movies are offering 3d, which st the moment you can't get at home. I think well also start getting more product placement in movies too.

I still download, using utorrent and peerblocker. I agree with above if I can't get most of the stuff I download for free I just won't watch it. Besides ISPs will loose big time if they manage to stop downloading. The 1gb I get in my phone will be plenty for me total!

somerandom

Reaction score
regardless I download a movie or music etc or not, they will still not see my money(the exception of going to the cinemas) but for music... as m1lky said, I download things that I can get for free, I would never buy it... not because 'why buy something you can get for free' but because it wouldn't be my priority to buy..

so in the end
I download = they get nothing
I don't download = they get nothing
They sell - I don't buy, and they still get nothing

so at the end of the day, what they have in their pockets is what they would have had if no one was downloading..

vrollin

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Should we stop sharing information on how to fix our own cars for free? Because at the end of the day, someone has spent years of their lives in an apprenticeship to become qualified, and we simply throw the information around and help one another for free... Trade/skill piracy!

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Should we stop sharing information on how to fix our own cars for free? Because at the end of the day, someone has spent years of their lives in an apprenticeship to become qualified, and we simply throw the information around and help one another for free... Trade/skill piracy!

Excuse me, you have just violated SOPA's regulations by sharing that suggestion with me, which I may post on Facebook without paying you royalties, thus making me a pirate.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
What I don't like is how the NZ government just bent over and did what the Yanks wanted, AKA arrested the dude, and with 76 friggin officers. I could go on a gun toting massacare through the middle of Auckland and I wouldn't have that many cops.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
There's a LOT of legal ramifications for the US government here. And almost all of them are bad. By shutting down the entire site, they have removed millions of people's access to their own legitimate data in many (if not most) countries around the world without any authority to do so.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
You seen the news.com article about Kim Dotcom. Made him out to be some sort of super villain in a lair. Worst part is people lap it up and think oh wow he must be a terrible crime boss.

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
Go USA, like you haven't f**ked up enough already.

For every $1.69 (or whatever it is these days) music single sale on iTunes, the artist receives like 1c and that's it. The rest of the money goes to Apple (don't get me started on these useless twats) and the record companies.

So when those RICH PR**KS try and tell me I am stealing from the artist, they can go BEEPITY BEEPITY BEEP BEEP themselves.

I pirate music and take POTENTIAL (because if it wasn't free I wouldn't buy it) profit from the record companies, not the artists. I am more than happy to go and see the artists on tour or in a festival, where they actually get payed a decent amount.

At the end of the day it's not the artists that are the issue, it's the money hungry ########s in the record companies.

/rant