Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MENTL6 - VK Wagz

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
geez danny new motor looks good what you expecting from it?

BTW how many cars you guys got now seems like you get a new one every week:p

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
haha thx mate.....should get to 250rwkw I'm hoping. Still stock stroke 308 bottom end, so better not aim to high lol. I do regret not going the stroker path tho....but awe well....next time lol.

Yeah we go thru a few cars. Alot we don't keep long tho. Alot end up stripped and scrapped to make a few dollars. Got rid of the kingswoods now too, decided not to do a project that big.

vkwalks39

NUCKING FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 / VH V8 / VR V8
not the kingswood!!! lol

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
any updates mate?

Nah not really....haven't done much to it for a while. We ripped the 253 out a few weeks ago ready to drop the new motor in, but that's about it lol.

Also bought a few more bits for it. Got an accumulator, a Hi6 ignition and a mate made me up a catch can. Hopefully soon we'll be working on it again.

DSCF8839640x480.jpg

DSCF8901640x480.jpg

DSCF8892640x480.jpg

kyalkk

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pac
I've also read this thing from start to finish (got onto it cause i was searching LMG performance) and this car is one work of art, love the old school :)
ps sorry for bringing up an old thread but anything more done to it, dyno results maybe?

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
Thx mate. Not to much to update really. I've been selling off a few toys, and yeah only gonna be keeping this one (and my Patrol) so hopefully soon we'll have some more updates. Motor isn't in the car yet. Pulled the sump off the other day and dropped it off at a mates place to have another fitting welded in for the catch can return. As soon as I get that back the motor should be going in!

Sent the dizzy away to ZOK Race Carbs in Brisbane, he's gonna be rebuilding and regraphing it. Hopefully have it back within a few weeks.

A mate was selling some gear which I couldn't say no to, so now have an oil filter relocation kit, electric solenoid for the accumulator, lines for the accumulator and oil filter relocation, and now a spare 2nd accumulator which come with it all lol.

DSCF9929640x480.jpg

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
what kind of oil setup are u doing? .... looks a bit complex

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
Nah it's not real complex. Just a stock oiling system with the addition of the accumulator as backup on the pad when we whip it. I was just gonna run a sandwich plate between the filter and pump and plumb the accumulator into that. But got this gear pretty cheap so now going this way.