Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Michelin pilot super sports

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
I just put a set of Michelin pilot super sports on my work ute (245/45/18)as I couldn't stand the landsail tyres that were on the 18" rims when i got them.
I carry some weight occasionally so the 100 load index is handy. I have a slighly more aggressive alignment with -2deg front camber and 0.3mm toe in on the front as there are lots of corners where I live.

The car is a ve SSV ute with the walkinshaw bolt on pack, otr CAI, & a 4.11 LSD.

It's early days (400km) so this is the first impression. The PSS are just orsome. It has so much grip in a straight line and cornering it's beyond what u can use on a public road. The road noise is slighly more but nothing like the mud terrain noise I get from semi slicks.

I've had lots of different performance tyres on different cars, bridgestones contis toyo888 and these michelins rock. For a 300 tread wear tyre the grip. The only tyres that I have had more dry grip from are warmed up Hoosier R6 semi slicks.

They were reasonably cheap (for a performance tyre) and $308 each. I'm looking forward to some wet days now. And I have to strap in the tools very tight.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Just put a pair on the front of my Maloo, very impressed so far!

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I have them on my sv6. Very grippy. The only downside is that they are soft and will wear quicker than factory fitted bridgestones or yokohama in my case

Inoly paid 250 each 12 months ago in sydney
They are pilots sport 3

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I got Pilot Sport 3, love them.