Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mick's VY Commodore

Asa Spades

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Thanks man...yea its a really good building block! Watch me slowly transform it into a quality looking/sounding car! :yeah:

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
yeah it should be good to keep an eye on, i think you need to find some showier rims though, unless u have plans for it to just romp fools on the road at every traffic lights im not a huge fan of the SS wheels, i know you got em dirt cheap so thats fair enough i would"ve done that too, but i think they just tend to match tuff units, so unless ur gonna go all out on performance on this bad boy, i reckon it'd look better as a nice cruiser instead..just my opinion though...everybody has their own visions for their car, cant wait to see next pics on how the moulds are comin along! gl

Asa Spades

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Haha yea man there coming off dont worry...gunna get some black spoked 19's in a few months and chuch SSL's in the rear too. Prolly around tax return time lol
And yepp its just gunna be a cruiser...no point in stuffing around with performance on a v6 imo. I just want it running smoothly, sounding good and looking good :)
At the moment my priorities are:
- Getting all the bodywork out of the way (2 weeks)
- Exhaust
- CAI
- Then come back to the wheels/height

I got the moulds off over the holidays! Its looking sweet....ill have a photo sesh after all the bodywork is done :)

Asa Spades

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Updates:
- Just got it back from a service, installed the Iridium plugs and 8mm Eagle ignition leads
- Installed vy calais chrome numberplate surround
- Bought a vy ss chrome/leather auto shifter
- Bought a series 2 vy calais grille

*Bodywork booked in for Tuesday the 9th of feb
Things getting done:
- Vy calais front and back bumper getting sprayed and fitted
- Side skirts getting sprayed
- Vz calais tail lights getting fitted
- Vy calais grille getting fitted
- Chrome/Leather handbrake and auto shifter getting installed

CANT WAIT!!! :yahoo:

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
sounds good mate, should look sweet, sounds like uve got the same view on things as me, who cares about performance when u can slow cruise n look the goods anyway? performance on V6's pretty much are pointless cos u could put 10 grand into it and an SS will still fly passed u anyway

Island Boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ wagon
what is a caramel wheel

Hey mate, I am too wanting to get rid of those hideous black strips off my VZ wagon took one side off but that goo stuff still there. what do I need to remove all signs of the black strips???? also how do you remove the strips leaving minimul goo on the doors thanks in advance

Finally got around to doing one side of the door moulds with the caramel wheel...only took me 3 hours lol
Before:
hrbgr5.jpg

After i finished taking the other sides moulds off (I was using a bodyboard as a knee rest lol):
2ew34w2.jpg

1 door complete:
x6alfl.jpg

Side complete:
2ipvf8.jpg

I had to buy another wheel off ebay and that came in yesterday, so now that iv finished work for the year i can finally start getting something done!!
Will start on the other side tomoro :)

Asa Spades

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Hey mate, I am too wanting to get rid of those hideous black strips off my VZ wagon took one side off but that goo stuff still there. what do I need to remove all signs of the black strips???? also how do you remove the strips leaving minimul goo on the doors thanks in advance
Hey mate, heres a thread with some instructions on how to get it done: https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/how-remove-sikaflex-panels.111903
To leave minimal sikaflex you basically just have to try to cut as close to the paint as you can...be very carefull though. I had a mate with me and we were using the flat top end of a butter knife plus a hairdryer. Heating the area then cutting through, heating the area and cutting though and so forth.
You can also use fishing wire to cut through it and use the hairdrer too.
Once you have the strips off you use a caramel wheel to buff away all signs of the sikaflex left over.
Its a timely process but its worth it! I bought two off ebay...but i just checked then and there is none availible :s
Keep checking ebay for 'Pinstripe remover wheel"
Let me know how you go :)

nice ride mate
Thanks mate!

Asa Spades

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Hey guys,
Iv had a change of heart...decided to cancel the bodywork the other day and instead try to sell the car and buy a vy berlina or calais or a vz exec, berlina or calais instead. It was a big decision but i know its a good one for me :)
I will start advertising it publicly in about 2 weeks...
So if you know anyone that wants a nice, clean vy with a pefectly running engine then please feel free to PM me

Im looking at selling it with everything on it except the calais no. plate surround for around $11,000
Also will be looking at selling the calais front and rear bumpers...

Cheers

Thurlz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim S2
Hey guys,
Im looking at selling it with everything on it except the calais no. plate surround for around $11,000
Also will be looking at selling the calais front and rear bumpers...

Cheers

PM Sent...

Last edited:

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
ey mate was just wondering how things progressed with selling it, n what did you end up getting?