Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Missing under load

Centurion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore V6 3.8lt Manual
Those in the fueltank injector cleaners are ****, get it done by machine that hookes directly into the fuel rail it has a much richer mixture and cleans the injectors heaps better.

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
I have also been reading into a Ford forum (god forbit), and they have mentioned that apparently a spark can jump from one lead to another under certain circumstances? I could kind of make sense seeing that the drivers side banks leads are squeezed together in some conduit under the alternator. Could they be right?

Don Sutton

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Acclaim
Murdoch said:
I have also been reading into a Ford forum (god forbit), and they have mentioned that apparently a spark can jump from one lead to another under certain circumstances? I could kind of make sense seeing that the drivers side banks leads are squeezed together in some conduit under the alternator. Could they be right?
Yes and it is known as crossfire. If youve replaced the leads they should be Ok for a while as the problem usually gets worse with aged, carbonised leads. Silicon leads though able to withstand higher temperatures will eventually harden and when the casing cracks a spark can eithert jump to ground causing a missfire or jump to an adjacent lead causing crossfire. A lead can also induce a voltage in an adjacent lead. Ideally they should be well separated but if the leads are of atleast original lead quality and are located in the same place as original then one would expect them to perform as an original ie you would not expect a new vehicle under warranty to missfire using the same conditions and if those conditions are the same, performance should be the same. A trick to find HT lead leaks is to run the engine at night with the bonnet up so you can see any blue spark traces. A green spark can be corona and may not necessarily be a problem.

shayne76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS COMMODORE S1
Mate to be truful get your dfi module or coil pack checked as my car was doing the same, i replaced spark plugs, air flow meter, leads, fuel filter, and iac valve and was still missing.It turned out that it was the dfi module.
I hope you find problem soon coz it shitted me off too.

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
shayne76 said:
Mate to be truful get your dfi module or coil pack checked as my car was doing the same, i replaced spark plugs, air flow meter, leads, fuel filter, and iac valve and was still missing.It turned out that it was the dfi module.
I hope you find problem soon coz it shitted me off too.

It is bullshit isn't it!
I might just buy what you said and try it. Everyone else seems to think it is spark related, so ill go with that i think.
I guess yours occured at low rpm too?

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Murdoch said:
Have a problem i don't know what is causing it.
My car seems to miss or hesitate sometimes when under load at low revs?
It seems to happen consistently if i am in 5th gear going down hill say on the freeway, where you just cruise down with no accelartion. When i get to the bottom doing about 80 and keep it in 5th and accelate, it "misses", until th erevs build up again.

I have change:
plugs
leads
cleaned TB
new fuel filter
cleaned Air filter
cleaned MAF.
New CAS

Does anyone know if these syetems could be a buggered fuel pump? The car has 170k on the clock and i don't think it has ever been changed. I don't know what else it could be, its giving me the shits.
The car performs well otherwise.

Any help appreciated.

It is coil-pack/s problem.Check for hair-line crack/s.

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
I replaced all 3 coils on the weekend and it still bloody does it.
Im just going to take it to holden and get them to look, i might just sell the bitch and by a LS1!

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
no body will buy it if it misses, just get it checked by holden quick and easy :) they found my problem in matter of mins were i tried finding it for months..

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
fitzy2005 said:
no body will buy it if it misses, just get it checked by holden quick and easy :) they found my problem in matter of mins were i tried finding it for months..

Yes true.
The car goes in tomorrow, ill let you know what was wrong with it.