Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mixture settings on a varajet

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Thanks again mate, but ive read that to.. i think its also posted on the 1st page of this thread :whistling

I might hunt down a GM VC service manual soon, i almost had one on ebay but lost :cry: all is needed factory setting details :thumbsup:

SoulGrind

§ôµÏG®ïñD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SII Calais - VF SSV Redline
I wouldn't mind finding something on the varajets stop screws.
I have a VH manual that basically says leave em alone. Nothing about how to adjust them to get them back to their original setting.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Yeah sucks, my book says the samething same as everything else, but what if it has been touched !!! im hoping this service book im chasing might just have those details :p

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 commodore executive
one of those threads said to increase performance and economy put the two barrel weber of an xe falcon six on there these must be cheap be the only bit of a ford not rusted out yet.

yobbo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH commodore SL wagon 253
I got this info from my tafe teacher and its from an article from the "VACC" not too sure but it seems ok "Although no official ex-factory adjustment exists, the following method has been devised after a considerable amount of trial and error. If the idle needle screw has been tampered with and is preventing the engine from idling correctly it is possible to restore the base idle by turning the additional mixture screw in all the way until it seats. Having done this, adjust the throttle stop screw until the engine is idling at between 450 and 500 rpm.
Using the additional mixture adjusting screw, slowly increase the engine idle speed to approx. 800 rpm, making sure not to touch the throttle stop screw. Finally, raise the idle to approx. 900 rpm, using the idle mixture screw.

That doesnt give you the exact spec of the stop screw in numbers but if you do it then work out where the stop screw ends up then you'll know maybe?