Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

///Mock3 "Luxury" Edition

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
Is the foglight opening going to be a big enough intake? Just curious or are you going to have a second feed?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Is the foglight opening going to be a big enough intake? Just curious or are you going to have a second feed?

the fog duct will be a secondary, will probably have a feed higher up, so "if" theres any water ingress, it wont flood the filter

Just a couple of photos from last night of Hakhawks E36 :)

01.jpg

02.jpg

so shouldve given the car a wash first :p

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
painted a 3 series the other week in ruby black (x03). wow, really nice color, caught it in the sun just right when i was walking out to move it, popped so nice. its jet black with red pearl in it. think it might be the one....

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
painted a 3 series the other week in ruby black (x03). wow, really nice color, caught it in the sun just right when i was walking out to move it, popped so nice. its jet black with red pearl in it. think it might be the one....

y u no snap pics?

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
y u no snap pics?

had 2 other cars to paint so no time to take pics... plus the car needed a cut and polish. its a color that you need to see in person though. would go good with your other wheels... lol

maybe take a trip to your local bmw dealer and see if theres one on the lot...

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
so bit of work on the duct this weekend.

got the plug to a point i was happy with and threw on some paint and release wax

Img_4509.jpg

zip tied the plug to the front piece, best way i could think of to keep it tight in position but not be permanent

Img_4516.jpg

Img_4517.jpg

2 layers of fibreglass

Img_4518.jpg

had to cut the plug a bit, because there were a few high spots that stoppped it slipping off, but got it out

Img_4519.jpg

now i just need to fill some holes, pinholes, smooth out the high spots and get it all neat and itll be ready to wax for carbon intake!!

also, did a quick measure yesterday, the inlet will be ~3.8" diameter once i cut the final piece shorter(its long to allow for excess that i can cut off). plenty enough for the 3.5" charger inlet me thinks.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
close enough

Img_4547.jpg

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
You must be colourblind red looks nothing like grey or black....

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
haha, its just the mould for carbon fibre goodness, red was easier to see the curves than black :p

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
so to start the new year off, i decided to pull the engine apart!!

namely i decided it was time to install the dual pickup oil pump and sump(with supercharger drain fitting) to the car.

so to remove sump, its either engine out, or subframe out and support engine. old holden driveshafts are good for something!! i removed the entire front suspension at the same time, it was easier, and allowed me to install the helper springs for the front coilovers ive had sitting around for at least 6 months

Img_4559.jpg

Img_4561.jpg

straight into it, had to swing power steering pump out the way, move all the power steering lines, as one goes under the sump and others just get in the way.

Img_4562.jpg

so heres the new sump vs old sump. new one has much better baffling(less oil splashing up onto crank and slowing it down), narrower oil holding area and 2 sump plugs(means ive gotta remember to buy a spare crush washer every oil change!!)

Img_4563.jpg

the old baffle gets to stay gone, free weight savings!!

Img_4566.jpg

and new pump in, had to change a bracket on one of the main caps, so had a sneak peek at the bearings, and they look fine. loctited the oil pump nut on again, as they are known to come loose

you can see the big pickup tube at the back, and the small hose is the return for the front of the pump pickup(cant see the mesh, its hidden behind sunlight)

Img_4567.jpg

had to purchase a new dipstick and tube, as theyre different lengths

Img_4568.jpg

put it all back together, my modified power steering lines still clear the sump nicely, front drain will get oil all over the swaybar every change :(

Img_4569.jpg

and thats all the pics i have, tomorrow ive gotta spin the coilovers down a touch to compensate for the helper springs, and have a play with a few other things while its in the air, maybe do some more intercooler piping mockup

but i filled her up, threw some power steering fluid in(need to finish bleeding that tomorrow), and she runs fine, no scary noises. will take it for a rap tomorrow arvo hopefully.

one step closer to booooost!!

and alst but not least, happy new year to everyone, expect more updates and pics through out the year! aiming for supercharger installed by april ish