Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Modified cold air box duct mouth vx berlina

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
Hi guys let me know what you think. I have a modified version of the standard air box 'duct mouth' I figure by modifying the top section of the mouth piece (cutting out section) I should get more flow of air into the box. Please view both pics the first is standard without modification and the second pic is with section cut out. Will this improve or hinder air flow??

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348369911.214984.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348369967.661230.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
It doesn't look like it's going to do much more than its already doing now if it was me a Cai from mace is the go

Sent From My Galaxy S3 Using Tapatalk

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
I realize its not a major mod, just wondering if it would make any difference (better flow of air) or will it get less air now with the cut out section. Yes I totally agree mace cai would be the go, maybee down the track (need the cash) LOL

Cheers

SJM38S

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Calais L67
Believe it or not, a reputable magazine printed that "mod". It's certainly not going to hurt, and indeed may find some more cold air while you're cruising as there's now a larger opening.
I've done it, as well as a 4" Yella terra tube into the standard airbox.
Cheers.

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
Believe it or not, a reputable magazine printed that "mod". It's certainly not going to hurt, and indeed may find some more cold air while you're cruising as there's now a larger opening.
I've done it, as well as a 4" Yella terra tube into the standard airbox.
Cheers.

Great, so deffinetly worthwhile doing, just as I thought. Thanks for that buddy, as for the 4" yells terra tube, have you got any pics & how did you affix this to the standard air box?

Cheers

rch-13z

Former Photoshop Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.karcreations.com.au
Members Ride
VT Exec
I did the same with mine a while back, you'll find the major restriction is the neck going into the airbox.... I also did the same as above and went a 4" pipe into the side of the box...

Got bored with how cluttered the bay looked at so I ended up just getting a proper metal intake from MRC Performance..

Schwuppes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais L67 (conversion)
what if you just get rid of the whole airbox duct and just use the hole on the airbox itself?

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
Yeah I've seen some of these air box mods on eBay. Anyone got any pics?

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
what if you just get rid of the whole airbox duct and just use the hole on the airbox itself?

Yeah I've thought about that, had anyone tried this by any chance. You'll probably get a bit of crap in their?