Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

monaro bonnet

rhys606

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
hi guys stupid question but does the monaro bonnets have any function like are the vents cosmetic or have benefits because when i see monaros they have covers behind the grill on the vents looks like no air goes in ??

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
My son had a Monaro bonnet on his VX SS, from memory it may have been sealed but the option was there to let it vent in outside air,
I can vaguely recall him say the panel shop opened up the vents, they also sprayed the vents in the body colour rather than black. Click on the attached pic.

Attachments

• Aaron's VX SS.jpg
    Aaron's VX SS.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 330

rhys606

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
My son had a Monaro bonnet on his VX SS, from memory it may have been sealed but the option was there to let it vent in outside air,
I can vaguely recall him say the panel shop opened up the vents, they also sprayed the vents in the body colour rather than black. Click on the attached pic.
cool i just got told somewhere that the rubber seal in them can be taken off to make it function properly apparently they have it there so you can take it off if its like a hot day and you want cold air going in and leave it on if its like a dusty or rainy day