Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

monroe lowered shocks

dakman

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute 22's lowered hardlid
When installing monroe lowered shocks will it lower the car? I've read elsewhere, that a bloke installed them and the car was 15mm lower? Is this right?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
When installing monroe lowered shocks will it lower the car? I've read elsewhere, that a bloke installed them and the car was 15mm lower? Is this right?

Springs are what lower a car. Shocks help with rebound I believe. So to answer your question. Only springs will lower a car.

dakman

Reaction score
Members Ride
I know that springs lower cars lol. He has king springs ssl with stock shocks. Then put in monroe shortened shocks and it lowered the car 15mm.. With the same springs and nothing else changed..

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
I know that springs lower cars lol. He has king springs ssl with stock shocks. Then put in monroe shortened shocks and it lowered the car 15mm.. With the same springs and nothing else changed..

As far as I know shortened shocks have a shorted body which means if the stock shocks were at maximum compression they would of been sitting on the bump stop obviously a shorter body would lower it a little. Shocks by themselves don't lower cars is what I meant. Hope that helps.

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
Nope...As other's have stated only springs will lower your car NOT shocks, I have the munroe gt short body shocks on mine & they certainly didnt lower my car a furthur 15mm.

dakman

Reaction score
Members Ride
yea thats what i thought. thats why i posted the post to see if it does or doesnt.. thanks for every1 clearing it up for me =]

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
As far as I know shortened shocks have a shorted body which means if the stock shocks were at maximum compression they would of been sitting on the bump stop obviously a shorter body would lower it a little. Shocks by themselves don't lower cars is what I meant. Hope that helps.

What he said is correct, they would have been sitting on the bumpstops

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
i have king sssl in my sv6 and still have shock travel in the stock fe2 shocks. i can put both hands on the guard and push down and get compression so no someone with ssl who then fits monroes wont get a lower ride height.

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
wat if they dont have fe2 shocks, i have a mate who only went ssl and he was riding the bumpstops