Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

more acceleration on my vz

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
take out your spare tyre and any excess weight.

Unless OP is in QLD where it is a defect not to carry a spare and jack.

jjaassee

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais international 6.0lt
Well they drive wagons mostly. Vy series 2 vt and vz. I have a year left until I am 21 so I wanna buy a v8 but in the mean time beat my mates. The car I drive can be sold as a
luxury car so I don't wanna mess around to much. Preferably do stuff that I can take out or change back. I don't care to much about the cash as long as it's not a dumb amount of money haha.
Exhuast on a 6 I think is dumb because sounds crap and will never sound like an 8 so I would rather steer clear of that.

1 of my mates was saying u can get hsv chips or after market hips that change your fuel intake and that???

And I will look into some of those other ideas. Thanks heaps

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
havent been able to chip a car for years

Troy, yeh stage 2 shift kit .... umm if it works. Cost me a new gearbox in mine, expensive lesson there :banstick:

jjaassee

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais international 6.0lt
what do u mean havnt been able to chip a car for years?

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
they no longer use chips, they plug a machine into the car and bingo, prob a bit more involved than that but yeah, they dont use chips

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ecotec
response: most of my customers go for slotted front rotors cause their sick of maching and replacing for BRAKE SHUDDER common in these models especially in higher power situations which means heavier braking causing excessive heat disperition in rotors mainly in fronts due to R.W.D. being 60:40 brake distribution;)as for removing excess weight will only make a difference if already at VERY high end power numbers as at low end is like fust advancing timing VERY MINIMUL gains but if you want a fifth of a second YES, and yes in queensland you can be defected for no spare tyre but only if you didnt throw it out yesterday cause of a flat... that you'll get fixed tomorow;)

Last edited:

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
response: most of my customers go for slotted front rotors cause their sick of maching and replacing for BRAKE SHUDDER common in these models especially in higher power situations which means heavier braking causing excessive heat disperition in rotors mainly in fronts due to R.W.D. being 60:40 brake distribution;)as for removing excess weight will only make a difference if already at VERY high end power numbers as at low end is like fust advancing timing VERY MINIMUL gains but if you want a fifth of a second YES, and yes in queensland you can be defected for no spare tyre but only if you didnt throw it out yesterday cause of a flat... that you'll get fixed tomorow;)

Dont be so quick to throw out the weight loss, My VP was half a second quicker to 100 minus spare wheel and some tools in the boot. And its not exactly a high power vehicle.

Hell id be alot quicker runner if i lost 50kg of weight :p

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ecotec
true but it depends how much you want to spend to gain weight loss is always going to make a difference but it depends how much you want to CUT out, e.g. fuels is almost 1kg per litre if you only put in enough to do your run this is a large weight saving remedy:)

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
I dunno. I have diff, tune, headers, insulators etc etc.........

Probably I'd go diff n tune make the most difference. But mostly a good tune will definately get you off the line faster then most..... but it does require a bit of tweaking. Personally I'd love to learn some weight reduction tips.... other then removing the spare wheel etc.