Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

More power from Ecotec na

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
**** I still can't believe you guys get RWD 3800's and Manual ones...I feel like we got fuc... literally. :)
Pisses me off. I get FWD L67s.

Did you ever get the L32?

Yeah, so good the factory's being closed ; but they like the ideas so they plan to keep the design team somehow ?
Can't design **** in a vacuum. ('less it's a spaceship o'course).

Last edited:

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
I did not add anything to the op questions, yes that is correct.

Why.....

Let me explain.
I have been a member on here for about 9 years. I have watched and participated in threads like this many times. 90% of the time the thread ends up going the same way, downhill faster than the Jamaican bob sled team.
Why, because the same group of people that like to think that they are into cars or a enthusiast, do their hardest to bag the hell out of anything that is not a V8.
Yet most that do the bagging do not have a nice grunty V8. They are just following the lead of others that think that it is fun to bag anyone that wants to play with a V6.....

I have seen over the years at how close mined and how little they know about the V6 scene in general.... They just sit back and mash the keyboard until loads of nonsensical diatribe flows freely.

If more were like Jecs on this forum, then it would be a far better place.
He is what I class as a true car person.
I have never met Jecs and don't even know if he likes the V6, but even if he doesn't, he at least helps out with good information, without feeling the need to belittle a persons choice in having a V6.

Thanks for pointing out my signature, needs a little updating seeing that it is now pushing out a bit more ;) Poor little V6......

Over the years I've watched the same amount of crap thrown from V6 owners to V8 owners, honestly I think both parties do it equally. I've owned a V6 for around 15 years and went back to a V8 about 2 years ago, I've messed around with the 6 in my time and wasted a lot of cash for little return. The way I look at it now is if you want something with balls buy a V8 and don't waste your time trying to beef up a 6, if your just after a nice cruiser then go the 6. What I really don't understand is why people who own a base commodore that's worth little are willing to spend more than it's worth on it, if you own a VX commodore then save your cash and perhaps buy something like a VZ Calais or better. You will not only have a faster car (which is what your trying to achieve) but also a hell of a lot nicer car. I do like watching the serious guys that don't mess around when playing around with their V6 and love watching what they've achived, but those who put on an exhaust and a few other things I just don't get it and that's not because I'm a V8 troll it's just doesn't make sense when there's a better option if you are after power.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
pffft V6....

Red 6 or GTFO

:p

ls1mike

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Caprice L77
I feel like you guys get the good stuff! We get some really shitty ones here. In fact, seems to me you are a car country...Big country lots of room to open them up!

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
I feel like you guys get the good stuff! We get some really shitty ones here. In fact, seems to me you are a car country...Big country lots of room to open them up!
Maybe once not now theres a speed camera or a cop hiding behind every tree.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
The US *IS* autoamerica. you're just seeing a sliver of car nuts on here (JC).

Not quite mate. Everyone's in the cities and the Nanny state rules. We *were* happy with our homegrown gear and it *did* have a reputation for family grade grunt. Honestly they were often behind in tech progress with such a small homemarket. That got solved with exports but now we will be building no more.

BTW I drove down the Interstates for a month in CO/AZ/NM and the only 'cop' car I saw was on Indian land. Not like the bloody 'pursuit' cars abounding here.

Happily I live in the country where I leave my driveway and go to town pretty much at whatever speed I feel like. There's always someone who's come off the road locally though and everything is being 'upgraded' to be 'safe'. My safety is to look out the window and drive accordingly.