Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Morton's blue VN Executive

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
More work on the turbo manifold tonight. Almost finished, time to work out the turbo mount bracket tomorrow!

jUZeC.jpg

PqKuB.jpg

rR10N.jpg

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Nice job mate, cant wait to see her boosted.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Many more ghetto hours in the shed have resulted in a bit more progress. Turbo is now hard mounted, exhaust side has begun, cooler bracket in fabrication etc.

Once everything is 100% finalised, everything will be disassembled and given a second hotter going-over with the welder now that I'm confident I'm not going to leave any rubbish inside the pipe with my poor Mig skills.

Solution to lack of good intercooler brackets was to drill 2x holes in the top tank. Tap them with a thread, and insert two M12 bolts from the INSIDE, coated with a generous layer of JB Weld. Bolts were notched in the end of the thread with a groove for a screwdriver, then inserted through the cooler inlet pipe with a length of wire wrapped losely around the hex of the bolt with blu-tack. Force the bolt up against the tapped hole, and pull through with screwdriver. Then the exposed end was coated in more JB and tightened down with another nut. That sould hold it up with some nice brackets ^_^

ETA one month until running.

To do:

injectors, map sensor, oil relocation, oil cooler, oil feed lines, surge tank, external pump, battery relocation, intercooler piping, turbo oil return to sump, etc etc.

turbz
idr5a.jpg

moar turbz
iMKnL.jpg

the ghettos cooler angle ^_^
1bcTz.jpg

Alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VT SS
Z89A is larger then a Z154 right ?? Why have you chosen to run the larger oil filter ? Most high performance engines tend to run a smaller filter where possible, Ie AU Saloon cars usually run z9's standard but change to a z89a for racing etc..

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Z89A is larger then a Z154 right ?? Why have you chosen to run the larger oil filter ? Most high performance engines tend to run a smaller filter where possible, Ie AU Saloon cars usually run z9's standard but change to a z89a for racing etc..
Why would you want to run something with a small surface area?

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I'm actually going to be running a Z418, they're marginally smaller than a Z89a, but they're cheaper and the same thread. I have to run something with the same thread as a Z9 because that's what all the Derale relocation kits come supplied with. Z154 won't spin on. I'll be changing the filter after every session anyway, so element size doesn't matter.

People run smaller filters because they want the cars to get up to pressure faster on startup. This is a car that's going to be warmed up thoroughly every time it's driven, so there's no issue with low oil pressure for five-six seconds. Engine won't be loaded, and turbo will be at idle. :)