Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

motec fitted, now dramas with t700

Snotty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina auto s2
sounds like sircruisealot has the right idea, if you explain it to an auto electrician they will probably be happy to help. just keep good records, even photos if you can.

metalskin

get sum
Reaction score
Members Ride
73 HQ,VR & supercharged VS SS`s series 11
thanks for your positive feedback guys, its given me some confidence and hope.
its been such a dissapointing experience, as well as screwing the box and having a bad tune they couldnt even get the nitrous system to run with the motec. the nos would continually blow fuses i was informed therefore making it inopperable. on inspection i found heat damaged and bare wiring.
ill keep yewz posted on my progress.
one thing is certain, i miss my car car as the flower misses the bee.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Just curious, why exactly did you figure a motec EMS would be good for you? Kind of a waste of money really, now it has just caused mor eproblems. All the best with it though.

Snap

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Commodore
The MOTEC is controlling the Engine, but whats controlling your gearbox?

Some MOTEC's I've since need to be set up so they can control the sift points on the Turbo 700.

It's a bit hard to diag without more info. But I'm sure it sounds like there's nothing controlling the gearbox.

Aftermarket management provides a larger range of tuneability for fuel and spark.

Alternative is manual shift kit.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Aftermarket management provides a larger range of tuneability for fuel and spark.

lol, but people run 10's all day with standard system, knowing how hard perth is for engineering certs, i doubt the car would be quick enough to warrant a decent system.

Snap

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Commodore
lol, but people run 10's all day with standard system, knowing how hard perth is for engineering certs, i doubt the car would be quick enough to warrant a decent system.

Huh? Sounds like the person has installed the MOTEC for future use that is beyond the stock ECU.

Or as you point it, it's cos I'm a dumbarse and have misunderstood the post?

metalskin

get sum
Reaction score
Members Ride
73 HQ,VR & supercharged VS SS`s series 11
minux--- my SS is putting out just over 360kw at the treads without a shot of NOS. it runs a supercharger with aprox 6pounds boost.
the reason for using motec is due to its tunability, therefore the car should be able to meet emission laws.
the motec can also control the nitrous system very effectively, right upto purging the system prior intake to the engine.

as regards to the t700 prob i think the prob may be a low voltage signal to the original ecu. they tap into existing ecu wires for the motec i have noticed. so lets hope this is the ailment.......

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
hey mate, have you sorted out the dramas with your 'box?

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
yeah i agree with whoever said something about small claims, it only costs you some 20 dollars and you will probably end up getting a bit of money back from the job. then get it fixed up with that money and have some left over.

Good luck with it

U121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S1
they sound like a bunch we've got in townsville... although i don't think they've ever WON a case.