Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MOTHBALLS!!!!! hahah

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
Latest News On The Mothballs!!!!

muahhaha i've gone one better than mothballs and i've found %100 pure napthalene flakes..

so i did a test on some fuel in a jerry can .. the flakes dissolve into the fuel easily so theres no breakin up mothballs or sediment sitting anywhere..

i spoke to my old chemistry teacher from high school (he used to work for ESSO so i guess he knows about petroleum chemistry quite well) and he reckons that given the properties of 91RON fuel, and the potency of the pure napthalene, he recommended that if i "Have to bloody well do it, you absolute tosser, use 100g per 20L Premium Unleaded" - qoute any more he says will be pushing your luck. im not gonna ask him to elaborate on that one!
i did that about an hour ago, filled her up adding 300g of pure napthalene ($3 from the local shop!) and ran it in..

:D

wow

Chuff

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
Hey s0sage,

How noticable was the difference?

CATCH! :D

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
My god this threads funny.

R

rattattack1313

ww.justmythbusters.com......loooooool...... I agree Bex... :rofl: :rofl:

cracker

Reaction score
lol mothballs a kid said that too me today and i gave him a strage look and said erhh u try it and let me no
think i might now :) in the old motor scooter muah muahhahah
im going to ask science teacher tomra HA how smart are u now!

lilkel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 BT1,VR 5.0l statesman
whats this show????? and when is it on???? i've never heard of it????

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
Lets say I put BP Ultimate (98RON) in an old XF Carbie, would I still put 100g's of Napthalene in 20L?

If so, how many grams of mothball would make 100g's of Napthalene?

I really wanna go buy some and try it, but it was quiet obvious that putting too much Napthalene in it would have dire consequences and to top it off it's not my car.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Well if its not your car I wouldn't even touch it.

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
It's my bro's old car, it sits in the garage.

He's selling it but not having any luck, well he's actually not getting any calls at all.

He purchased a VXII S/C S-PACK.

He said go for it, but I still don't wanna kill it...

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
well chuff .. let me say this, my engine is now running like a tiger .. not a pussycat, (leaving the exhaust out of the equation) the motor sounds like its just eating this napthalene crap for breakfast! the exhaust is a 2 1/2 redback, so its got a nice note already, but now it sounds a little like its running only with headers! (exaggeration a lil)

Let me begin by saying my car is a V6 T5 5spd manual with close ratio gearing..

my car always has a micro second of lag when you take off in first, ive never been able to figure out whats doing it (maybe manifold pressure?) but i've just gotten used to being a fraction sluggish on takeoff.. 40 seconds after i dropped the napthalene in.. completely gone! i run a pod filter on the motor which for some reason gives a woosh like a BOV when i change gears, and this is so much more pronounced and refined noise. the engine is DEFINATELY more snarling and roaring than what it was.

driveability hasn't been comprimised whatsoever, so far, not a problem at all.
i'm now running 300g of pure napthalene in my fuel tank and i've just burnt off 1/4 of it tonight "testing". and i have had a grin on my face the whole night!

:yeah: i'll be doing this again!