Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mr Bodykit front lip FYI - fitment issues VF

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Absolutely agree - I’d almost go as far as saying some photos were taken at angles to give false impression and then when confronted, the real fitting photos came out as “these show you it doesn’t fit”.
It’s hard to explain as well - that even if I was ok with the shorty spoiler, there is no way to prevent the spoiler from sitting high / proud. If you look at the attached and then try and picture where this would sit on the underside of the bumper - ? It literally has to make it sit up 3-4mm high…
Don’t second guess yourself.
The photos are intended to show they are selling a correctly fitting spoiler. Like I said, no one would intentionally buy something that shows it doesn’t fit. Theres no asterisk says, “This product doesn’t fit as would be reasonably expected.”

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I’ve walked “the path” a couple times, and I’m usually a bit more hands on with screw ups like this - it’s just at present I’m dealing with a few things making it very difficult…
It’s a brutal operation from what I’ve seen but recovery is supposedly easier than a full knee replacement :oops: I’ve heard of one chap that did both hips at the same time :eek:

Hope your recovery is progressing well and your better soon than you’ve been in a long while :cool:

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
That's listed as a VF Series 1 spoiler, now post the VF Series 2 spoiler the OP purchased.
That gets much harder. The photos are not as clear.

IMG_6566.jpeg
IMG_6564.jpeg

The majority of the photos are difficult to zoom in on. They use a lot of dark backgrounds on the point where it fits at the ends.

In the end, it’s an inferior fit, which conflicts with the spiel there (posted in the previous post) indicates that sort of fitment is not the expectation of the products sold by this business.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
It’s a brutal operation from what I’ve seen but recovery is supposedly easier than a full knee replacement :oops: I’ve heard of one chap that did both hips at the same time :eek:

Hope your recovery is progressing well and your better soon than you’ve been in a long while :cool:
When I had my knee done, I was in the ward with two blokes who had their hips done. One had both knees done previously and gave me so much support by saying the hip was no where near as bad as his knees. I thanked him for the advice.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
In the end, it’s an inferior fit, which conflicts with the spiel there (posted in the previous post) indicates that sort of fitment is not the expectation of the products sold by this business.

The picture of the white VF2 (below) is the only picture clearly showing a side view fitment and the spoiler doesn't reach the end of the bumper. If you don't like that fitment, you're not compelled to buy it is the way complaints like this are resolved.

6_792d55c2-8326-4ab4-b065-5802a2552fed_600x_crop_center.jpg

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
that is going to be an interesting argument because they dont specifically state perfect end to end fitment, the pictures do show the short fitment and they will claim that they said to trial fit it before painting or wrapping.

it is hard to argue a case based on customer expectations when the vendor clearly shows the product fitment to you and you decide you dont like it after fitting it.
"change of mind" return is not law and is usually undertaken voluntarily by vendors.
the product is not broken or defective, you can try and argue that the fitment is not to your standard but you wont get anywhere with that imo.

they are going to use the website showing the fitment and every one of those products sold being exactly the same and designed that way to counter a defective argument.
you cannot compare the s1 product to the s2 product claiming expectations because they are different products.

you are essentially going to argue you are not happy with the product which is leaning towards change of mind unless you can prove you were mislead at the point of sale or it is "not fit for purpose".

i guess the wording you will be challenging will be their claim "The front lip is designed and fits the factory bumper 100%" you could claim it is not 100%.

have a look over the following pages to see what your options are...

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
i guess the wording you will be challenging will be their claim "The front lip is designed and fits the factory bumper 100%" you could claim it is not 100%.
The spoiler end fitment matching the product photo 100% is the issue. Without the fitment photo in the sales description, the OP would have a reasonable claim if that was the case.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
The picture of the white VF2 (below) is the only picture clearly showing a side view fitment and the spoiler doesn't reach the end of the bumper. If you don't like that fitment, you're not compelled to buy it is the way complaints like this are resolved.

View attachment 267349
I posted another photo showing it as well.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
IMG_6563.jpeg

I’d be going back to this mission statement which is a banner for their approach to all their products.

Regardless of what the images show (that no one buying would be noticing) the product for the VF2 SS does not meet their own criteria for fitment.

They use 3D scanners to get fitment right. (It’s not right)

They are asking their customers to trust they are getting correct fitment OEM grade body kits.

Not knock offs or low quality products. This product is of low quality because it doesn’t fit correctly.

Those are their own words.

They have sold a product that doesn’t meet their own standards of manufacture. It’s written right there that it’s not their expectation for a customer to get what you e bought. Their own trust statement has been compromised.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^

Yep, bold statements about product quality and fitment can’t be undone by the seller providing one picture that a buyer may or may not have noticed.