Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

mums air flow sensor keeps blowing

magnetvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 381pack
I gave mums car a service, changed oil+filter, spark plugs leads sissy cap all new belts. Full throttle body clean and new injectors. Put a brand new air flow sensor (metre) in and it drove mint for about 3 days. Then she broke down. Tow it back to mine and it was running like a piece of s hit. Back fired. So changed the afs again. Sweet. 2 days later same blew afs. Now afta puttn 5 afs in it, its still blown them. Iv checked thr wiring for it and nothing wrong in that department. Any ideas wots wrong. Thx heaps.

Last edited:

VR028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
i would go over the things you changed if it worked fine before you serviced it. check timing and see if u plugged all the injectors in to start with

magnetvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 381pack
Iv gone ova wot iv changed and I got it all correct. The timing is correct. As soon as I put a new afs in it's perfect. But it just keeps blowin them afta a couple of days. This has been going on for nearly 2 weeks now.

magnetvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 381pack
Ok changed the wiring harness for the afm and checks the rest of the harness out. Looks all good. No kinks or bends or any part sqaushed. Checked voltage and seems ok so nothing earthing out. Went back to repco and got anutha afm ( number 6 now) and put it in. Seems ok 4 now. Fingers crossed.
I'm sik of mum hounding me about her car. Lol