Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my 1/4 mile time vnv6 comparion

F

foammedia

vnbelina said:
its an auto and 330 foot was 6.5. yeah i was a little dissapointed with the pacies thourght i would get alot more power. but yeah always thought i would do better its got good take off its just the lag between 2nd and third that is slowing me down that and the bloody fuel cutoff limiter and that has been raised to 6000 rpm. i dont no what to get prolly a cam diff or rollerokers iwanna uprgrade my throttle to a v8 one but got told it may reduce power any ideas

Try shifting at about 5200 or even 5000 see if that gets you a quicker time, the bigger thorttle body might gain you a few kw on the very top end but not much.

If you buy a pair of heads at the wreckers and do a home made porting job on them and get the valves recut and put a big cam you will make 150rwkw but I allways felt that's alot of effort to go to to match a stock 5 liter with some spark advance. But if your under 25 or live in a high crime area insurance on a 5 liter costs big dollars so I guess that's not allways an option

Last edited by a moderator:

vnbelina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 3.8
with that my car alreay is doing similar to a stock v8 my mate vrss with full exaust stage three cam forge pistons lsd CAI worked gearbox is doing a 14.6 and with about 2g in mods i rekon i could break the 14 mark. either work the internals or chuck a s14 supercharger on it what do u rekon would be better

F

foammedia

My 5 liter cost 3 and a half grand for the whole car :p and runs 14.6 on my gtech (I've only tested it like 3 times I'm sure it can run 14.5) and was running more mph at the 1/8th mile track than another guy I know with a VP 5 liter at his 1/4 mile half way mark and his completed the 1/4 mile in 14.7 so it's defiantly good for at least a 14.6 with just a chip amd CAI. A stock VN or VP executive 5 liter should run 15.0 all day with zero mods.

I would be expecting veeeeeeeeery low 14's if I had a good exhaust and shift kit and 13's with a cam, but VP executives are alot lighter than a VRSS still your mates car sounds like it could be alot quicker than it is.

About the V6, vp_luke runs the toyota charger and has the following things.

6 psi pulley
Super 6 injectors
CAI
Manual gearbox
Extractors
2 bar map sensor
2 bar tune

And it runs ~5.8 0-60 mph and will definatly be under 14.5 1/4 mile but unsure how far under yet so if you want to go with the blower that's roughly the performance you are looking at. Somewhere in the 14-14.5 region

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
15.6 how is that good? Thats the stock quarter mile time for the vn v6 commodore. Get your engine either rebuilt or recon and you will be pumping better times than that. On a 210,000 motore with no chip. I have extractors, shiftkit, cai, pod i ran a 15.4, not bad for a N/A with slight mods