Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 1995 Holden VS Berlina Sedan - L67, A2A Intercooled, Plus Heaps More

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
UPDATE: Today I have been working on a lot of the wiring. I have rewired the electric windows and automatic window roll up kit so it now all unplugs and will make it so much easier to remove the center console if I ever have too. I have joined the wires that were for the neutral start switch so it should turn over now. And I have run wires to the reverse light switch on the gearbox. Trying to keep it looking as factory as I can. So far the only thing I have been able to test is the electric windows.

New looms made up with factory electric window plugs.
20141012_142101_zps6beb6beb.jpg

Cut the plug of the neutral start switch so I could use that instead of just using terminals.
20141012_150356_zps60c02066.jpg

Starting to make it into the loom for the reverse light wires.
20141012_151005_zpsec887521.jpg

Plugged in. Then drilled a small hole above the rubber boot towards the left so I could run the wires straight down to the reverse light switch.
20141012_152254_zpsbd2ac76e.jpg

Tapped it all up into a loom and then fed it through the whole I drilled.
20141012_152723_zpse2d7c9e4.jpg

How it looks underneath the car.
20141012_153132_zps1c03f4fc.jpg

Then finally I ended up cutting the original plug off the manual wiring loom from the donor car and joined it onto the wires and tapped them into a loom so it still uses the factory wire colours.
20141012_154658_zpsc9ddc45c.jpg

End result. Ended up running the wires under that metal strip and the plug that's left is for the cigarette lighter and the light for it.
20141012_155353_zps4e5bf61a.jpg

Other than that I have also finished wiring up the door trim lights to the interior light and they all work perfect now (was working before but the wiring was a mess so I took it all out and started again). Also tracked down another center console, it was out of an executive though so I had to cut out the holes for the window switches and that came out nice as well.

Now I have just wired in the clock in the Statesman dash and also the light for the top glove box.

Last edited:

KrisG

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VSII Berlina
Coming along nicely mate. It's a pain how the power window switches don't have plugs in their loom for Berlina's, I noticed Calais' have them. Might wire in plugs on mine.

ejukated

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais L67
does the blower rub on the firewall at all with A2A and K-frame spacers?

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Coming along nicely mate. It's a pain how the power window switches don't have plugs in their loom for Berlina's, I noticed Calais' have them. Might wire in plugs on mine.

Yeah I know mate, I purchased some that do have the plug, and also bought the extension loom, but when I plugged them in yesterday, the LED for the drivers window didn't light up, and when I put the driver side rear window down, it wouldn't go back up. So I ended up reusing my old ones and wiring the plugs on for the auto wind up kit. Tested it all and it works nicely.

does the blower rub on the firewall at all with A2A and K-frame spacers?

Yes it does. That's one thing I have to fix before the engine goes back in.

ejukated

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais L67
are you just going to dent in the firewall?

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
are you just going to dent in the firewall?

Just going to carefully tap it in with a rubber mallet, don't want it to look dodgy or anything.

ejukated

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais L67
Cool there's a ridge that can be flattened out a bit but its all pretty tight back there. Been wondering if its better to space the trans to tilt the motor slightly away from the firewall

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Cool there's a ridge that can be flattened out a bit but its all pretty tight back there. Been wondering if its better to space the trans to tilt the motor slightly away from the firewall

For the amount that it's actually rubbing on the firewall, it wouldn't be worth it, I only need to tap it in about one centimetre. Mine is going to be easy to do because the engine is out at the moment as well.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
UPDATE: Today I received another clock in the mail, one thing I like about this one is that it doesn't have the Statesman logo on it. So I finished installing the fascia and the dash looks much more complete now.

I have also fitted the center console, and added a few extras from the Statesman center console I have that came with the dash like the rear power supply and rear foot well lights.

All interior lights will be changed to LED SMD soon.

20141016_110934_zpsfa091103.jpg

IMG_0545_zpsf66efc0b.jpg

IMG_0546_zps7717b1fb.jpg

IMG_0548_zpsfec9bc96.jpg

Still making progress :)

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
UPDATE: Today I installed the Boost and Volts Gauges again, but then decided that I wanted something nicer.. So I went out and bought a new Auto Meter Boost Gauge, and have ordered a new Auto Meter Volts Gauge. They look a lot nicer, only problem in they are a little bit bigger but I think I can still work with that. Downside is that I broke the clips getting the pillar trim off again, so will have to look for another one now :(

Out with the old, in with the new. New boost gauge, just waiting on the new volts gauge..

IMG_0549_zpsa90dc41e.jpg